"I would definitely say he's a gentleman."

Though the vampires were talking up Tobias, Joy began to daze.

All men are the same, violent, emotionally manipulative beings, in her eyes. It's all she's been raised with. With years of damage, their discussion wouldn't change Joy's feelings. She wouldn't let her guard down. She couldn't let her guard down. Not unless she wanted to be stuck in another mess like this with aching limbs.

The girls were tittering about something, when Joy's stoic utterance interrupted them. "I'm tired." Joy murmured, snapping her reddened eyes to Ophelia. "Thanks for letting me stay here. I know I didn't say much but I appreciate it. I wanna get some sleep now."

Ophelia waved her hand dismissively. "No need to thank us, we are really happy to have you here. Tobias told us what a lovely girl you are so it's no trouble at all."

Ophelia took the brush and leapt off the bed, Marissa following in pursuit.

"You get some rest and we'll have some food here for you by the morning. I apologize for not having much, we rarely have human visitors." Anyone would have been terrified of being in a house with blood thirsty creatures, but she wasn't. For once she felt a strange calmness.

"Goodnight Joy, see you tomorrow evening." Marissa and the Queen bid her goodnight, shutting the door behind them, leaving an exhausted Joy to rest.

She curled up beneath the thick blankets, and drifted off, too tired to worry any longer.

~.~.~

Tobias was taut sitting before Jon who was occupied with work. Tobias' leg was tapping impatiently, but he didn't want to disturb his master's concentration.

Jon closed his computer, rubbing his fingers to his temples. "That tapping is giving me a headache. What do you need Tobias? I've already given you permission for Joy's stay."

Tobias halted his habit, stern eyes glued to Jon.

"Master Cross, have you uncovered anything about Isaiah?"

"No, I'm still in the process of attempting to catch him in the act."

Tobias couldn't blame Jon for having not uncovered anything of use, for he was busy with issues of the race. Tobias would just need to be patient, and assist as much as he possibly could. He desired Isaiah dead as quickly as possible. The faster they rid of the low-class insect, the easier it would be to help Joy in her recovery.

He hated that he was not allowed to return to the neighborhood and give him a taste of his own medicine. Jon forbade him when Tobias brought it up to him, insisting that Tobias remain detached from the situation while he handled it. Tobias would only ensure complications by interfering. Jon could not be biased and only take Tobias' side. He had an entire race to care for, he needed to look at all sides.

"Why don't you go be with Joy? Let me work without breathing down my neck and I might be able to get something done." He hissed in agitation, opening the laptop to return his attention to his computer. Currently, Jon was researching missing persons cases in the city, news articles on murder victims who sustained vampire markings, something that could tie into the possible trafficking rings and concerning amounts vampire attacks. Anything to grasp, but he was coming up empty and growing frustrated.

Tobias rose from the sofa, giving a small bow before fleeing the room.

"And send Ophelia in!" Jon shouted after him. "I'm not going to sit here and do all the work on my own when she's the one who insisted we stay." He grumbled under his breath.

Blood Lustजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें