Chapter Five: A Look Into the Past

*Trigger Warning: This chapter contains a scene were sexual abuse is mentioned towards the end. If that bothers you, feel free not to read it**

                        Tobias was seated with Jon and Ophelia in their hotel room. His mind was elsewhere, consumed in thoughts of Joy. Still he itched to get her out of there. He just had a feeling she wouldn't last long in her current state and it worried him.

        He didn't know her well, but Tobias wasn't one to take that into consideration. He never thought about helping someone in need, he just helped them. He never questioned who they were, because he just had a desire to improve the lives of other humans since he himself never got to enjoy his years.

        Each time he was introduced to a human who needed help, he had this ability to sense when they had given up all hope of change. Though it was over four hundred years ago, and he could remember very little, he was branded with a few memories of his history. One in specific stood amongst the rest.

        He grew up in a normal household, but the occasional discipline was given by his father, his mother the one that coddled him. His parents died of old age at the age of fifty. He was left alone at the ripe age of twenty-two, and with no place to call home or a person to call family, he was left on his own, doing small jobs like chopping lumber for neighbors, or delivering notices to other towns, until one faithful night, he died.

        He was letter delivering to a soldier camp in Europe, when a starving vampire savagely attacked him and stopped his heart as his blood was drained.

        What happened that evening, he couldn't recall clearly, but he remembered waking in a lavish bed as a vampire, under the ruling of a high-class vampire by the name of Marcus.

        "Welcome to the race of the dead, young one." Tobias could remember that spine chilling grin and how it turned his stomach. His stomach that burned so terribly in thirst for blood.

        A hundred years passed under his rule. Marcus, Tobias' first master, wasn't one of kindness, but Tobias quickly learned no vampire was, and he felt out of place. Violated, guilt ridden, and filled with the misery of fulfilling the needs of Marcus, he felt something other vampires didn't seem to. Sadness. He could still feel. He mourned over every life he took while feeding, he was disgusted with being a play toy to his master, he was forced to live a life he never wanted.

        He was only a unless vampire made for nothing more than sheer entertainment, and it saddened him. He was forced to be this way, and there was no way out. No cure.

        So one night, just hours short of dawn when the sun peaked over the horizon, he stood on the balcony of his master's home and gripped the railing. A party had been occurring inside, and that's when he heard the door creak behind him.

        "Are you mad? You're going to turn to ashes out here." A rather handsome vampire hissed in annoyance. Tobias had turned around with tears in his eyes.

        "I'm not a loon. I am a monster just tired of living with no purpose. A loop of blood drinking and nothing more." His name was Jon, a vampire who was enraged for no reason at all. His creased brows, furrowed when he saw Tobias cry. He had never seen a vampire cry.

        That night, Jon had killed Marcus and took Tobias for himself.

        "Your purpose will be to help me in my conquest." He murmured, cleaning the blood from his blade. "So foolish that you would think of wasting your immortality. You have the power to live forever and do anything possible with that life, why throw it away? With your good-natured heart, I think you will serve of use to me."