I woke up early on a Saturday morning and went out for my one on one training with Callum. He was constantly pushing me to work harder and he was really helping. I had improved even if it was only a slight improvement. He seemed to be proud of me no matter what happened and I found myself accepting everyone into my heart so much easier. Sometimes I felt myself trying to pull back and revert into myself but a newfound confidence would pull me up and tell me to stop pushing people away.

“Are you ready?” Callum called out. I nodded my head and prepared myself in stance.

He had me kick a punching bag and throw punches. I had always wanted to learn how to fight but it looked so difficult and I wouldn’t have even known where to begin if I were to train myself. I focused on my breathing and sent punch after punch at the bag before Callum nodded his head, pleased with my technique.

We worked on kicks for a while but I was growing steadily more and more tired. I constantly wanted to do well and push myself harder and harder but it was difficult when I still hadn’t built up enough stamina.

“That’s enough,” Callum called out and I stopped kicking to look him in the eye. I want you to work on the machines for half an hour and then we will cool down.

I got to work using the machines at my disposal and before I knew it, Callum was telling me that it was time to cool down. We finished up and I walked inside to have a shower. I was hot and sweaty from the workout but I was feeling great about the progress I had been making.

I sat down to have breakfast with everyone else. It was a normal routine that I was beginning to like and even depend on. I couldn’t imagine what my life would have been like if I hadn’t found these people. Actually, I didn’t want to imagine life without any of them.

“What do you guys think about hanging out at Kyron’s before the party tonight?” Emily asked.

“Can I come too,” Sam asked from his spot at the table.

“You’re not big enough to go,” Sue spoke to the young boy.

“I’m a big boy,” he pouted at his siblings.

“Maybe next time,” Zach said trying to appease him then ruffled his hair.

“Hey,” Sam protested crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at his older brother.

I resisted the urge to giggle at the adorable pout that formed on his lips. If only he were my blood brother, but alas that was not possible. I would have to settle for him to be my adoptive family. It was always like that, Sam getting disappointed because he couldn’t join in with his brothers and sisters; counting myself in the sister category.

“Hey, don’t worry Sam,” I soothed. “We will go motorbike riding tomorrow, how does that sound?”

“Yay,” he cried with a big grin on his face.

He was such an easy boy to appease. We ate for the most part in silence and then all piled into the new Land Rover and headed over to the Beta farm. It felt strange calling a vampire by a werewolf rank, especially considering both Alpha and Beta were vampires. Third in command (Charlie position) was a werewolf as I had learned in the previous two weeks.

The Beta farm was similar to the Alpha farm. There was a long driveway lined with trees and paddocks spread across both sides however the back of the farm opened out onto the hills which were lined with forest. There was a creek that ran across that section and trickled down one part of the mountain in a waterfall like structure.

I had been out to the farm once before with the entire group after school for a rematch of the race though the results ended up much the same way as they had the first time with a disgruntled Kyron and a victorious Zach.