2.

Beyoncé.

Good morning, beautiful. I read the message over and over. It made me smile. A simple good morning text had me smiling too hard right now.

Good morning, Shawn. I sent back. This still didn't feel real. I wasn't really acting like myself yesterday so if that's what he likes then he needs to keep it moving.

I really don't know where it came from. I was just being silly and goofing around.

The next message that came in was from James. We going skating tonight?

Every Wednesday we try to go skating because it's only a dollar to get in 6 to 10.

Sure 🤷‍♀️

The three dots popped up fast. Shawn will be there 😏😏😏

Whatever, idc

😂😂😂 I noticed the connection yesterday B. Everyone did.

I ignored him because I don't have time for his games. I got dressed and grabbed my backpack before heading to the door.

"Beyoncé!" My father called making me stop in my tracks.

"Yes?"

"Were you in school yesterday?"

"Yeah, why? They called?"

"Yeah they did. Something you want to tell me?"

"They probably marked me absent by mistake because I was late to first."

"Mhmm. Well go on and have a good day. Stop being late."

"You too." I raced through the door and got in the car. I didn't feel like getting Kelly today, she can take the school bus or something.

I parked next to James' car in the parking lot like I always did. Somehow we got the same spots every single day.

He was still in the car when I got out.

"Wassup, B. Where Kelly?"

"Nigga, I don't know. I'm not obligated to pick her up." I responded grabbing my bag from the backseat.

"Well damn. Okay then!" He said holding his chest.

"I'm just saying." We walked into school together and stood in our normal spot waiting for the rest of our friends. We literally did the same things everyday. Stand here, wait for the bell, walk around school, then go to class.

I'm so glad it's almost over. 3 more months until graduation.

"I'm tired of you ignoring me." James said with a straight face.

"My bad, what you say?"

"Uhhh the bell rung and your friends ain't here."

"You mean your friends."

"No yours."

"Whatever, let's just leave them." I suggested.

"Bet. Say less." We started doing our routine walk around school while we talked about random things.

"Ooouuu, there goes Shawn." James said in a flirty voice.

"Shut up. I don't even care."

"Don't care about what?"

"Shawn." I guess I was louder than I thought because he turned around.

"Ohhh! It's my wife, how you doing?"

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "I am not your wife."

"Maybe not yet." He smirked.

"Not ever."

He dapped James and winked at me before turning back around and continuing what he was doing.

I could feel James burning a whole in the side of my face.

"What?" I asked with my teeth clenched.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Youlikehim." He said quickly making me punch him.

"Shut up, you like him."

I sped up and walked in class thinking I was getting away but he sat right next to me.

"It's okay, he likes you too." James said when he sat down.

"Boy, he just playing. We both were just playing. You're looking way too deep into it."

"Beyoncé, let me talk to you for a moment." The teacher said coming over to our table.

I got up and followed him to his desk. "Yes?"

"Your grade is falling behind. It's very clear that you have a case of senioritis."

"I forgot to turn in a few assignments, but damn! How do I have a D!?" I was really confused. It's not way 3 things had me damn near failing.

"I'll give you an opportunity to turn them in, but you only have until the end of the week." He printed out the assignments I was missing and gave them to me.

"Thank you." I mumbled. Health is a class I need to graduate. I'm disappointed in myself for letting my grade get so low because I'm being lazy.

• • •

I laid on my bed on Fam with Kelly and La La. "y'all I lowkey do like Shawn but I don't know if he being for real or not."

"He's not." Kelly shrugged.

"And how do you know?" La la asked.

"Because I just can tell. He probably saw the way you was acting and thought you was easy."

"First of all," I started. "Wasn't nobody acting easy. Bitch. I was just playing around."

I was kinda offended by the way she basically just told me I was acting like a hoe.

"Okay, and I'm just saying how it looked on the outside."

"La La, was I acting like a hoe?"

She shook her head. "It was clear that you was playing around. Kelly just acting like she got a stick up her butt. She was playing right along with you, I don't know why she making it seem like you was doing something wrong."

"Nah I'm saying-" Kelly started but la la cut her off.

"Did you ever think maybe he likes you because you're beautiful? Or cool? Or funny? It did just have to be because you were twerking on a skateboard at Walmart. Or because you put the whole sausage in your mouth at one time at IHOP."

I nodded. "Thanks La, maybe you're right. Fuck You, Kelly."

"Fuck you too, hoe. I don't care."

"Eat a whole dick."

"Maybe I'll eat Shawn's."

I made a straight face. "Bitch, go ahead. We know you want to anyway. You was a lor salty he was paying more attention to me than you. Everybody know you jealous, bitch, it's so clear."

"Calm down, Beyoncé. I was playing."

"No you wasn't, you-"

"Beyoncé. Enough." La la said speaking up.

"I gotta fucking go." I said before hanging up.

"Get on my damn nerves." I mumbled and pulled my books out to finish my homework.