Chapter Five

I was lying against the wall, my leg was propped up while I fell asleep. Jason was searching around the building, I had no idea where Taylor was. My eyes shut and quickly they opened into my dream. I was in the D.T.T but before the apocalypse. Sam was just about to leave, everyone was standing around the time machine, cheering, smiling, in all just being happy.
Lindsey placed her hand on a sensor and Sam vanished. The office erupted in cheers but suddenly there was a huge shake. It was as if there was an earthquake but something seemed worse. The white powdery ceiling started falling down in chunks, the gray brick walls cracked off and suddenly the lights went off. The time machine lit up the room, glowing and suddenly flashed red and stopped. Lindsey rushed over to it and broke into tears. I stepped over next to her and followed her gaze. Sam's burnt body lay on the floor of the time machine. I shut my eyes, trying to get out of this nightmare.
Around me I heard the swishing of waves. Back and forth I swayed. I opened my eyes and around me was the ocean. My eyes widened and I started breathing heavily. A wave splashed over me, pulling my body down below. My mouth opened, trying to scream but water rushed into my mouth. I was being pushed lower and lower into the water, not being able to swim up.
Suddenly I felt a push at my side and my eyes opened up. A low light filled the air. Taylor and Jason stood over me.
"Are you okay?" Taylor asked, confusion was heavy in her voice.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I got to my feet and limped away, embarrassed. "So, uh, can I see the rest of this place?" I said, changing the topic.
"Sure," Taylor and Jason said at the same time, there voices clashing together.
"Oh." Jason looked to Taylor and then to me. I guess I'll see if there's any more food." Jason walked out of the room leaving Taylor and I together.
"C'mon." Taylor walked down the hallway, following Jason but took a left turn in the middle of the it. As we walked our footsteps echoed along the walls, drowning out the screaming we should have heard.
Taylor stopped as she heard me panting, as I limped behind her. Only then did we hear the screaming, growing louder by the second.
"Oh my god," Taylor whispered. "Do you hear that?" She dodged passed me but soon ran back, footsteps of something echoed behind her.
"Taylor!" The voice behind her belonged to Jason, my heart stopped racing just a little bit.
"Reed, run!" Taylor yelled.
I broke into a run, wind rushed over my face as scrambled into any direction I could. I skidded to a stop as I saw gleaming eyes staring at me through the dark. "Go back!" I yelled.
"We can't," Jason's voice was panicked as he stared into the darkness, behind him. Screams echoed through the hallway. "We're surrounded," defeat hung high in Jason's voice.
"Fight!" Taylor pushed past me, running into the battle. She ripped off part of the wall, using it as a bat. She flung her arms forward, smacking the creature dead in the face as it ran into the room.
Jason grabbed a metal pole he found on the ground and started impaling the, once members of the D.T.T. I dug my fingers into the wall and tried copying Taylor but the wall barely bent, only then did I realize how strong she must be.
More and more of the creatures crawled into the room, until there were much too many to count. We were surrounded, and one bite would kill us.