[Pokemon] Playing With Shadows [Morty[ XVI

Morty glanced around Mahogany Town as he entered its streets, looking for anything that might lead him to Alexia. The victims of Ecruteak had claimed she had run off into the routes that led to this place, now he just hoped she hadn't run off further.

"Hey, aren't you the ghostie town's gym leader?" a little child's voice spouted and he glanced down to spot a little girl's big blue eyes blinking up at him curiously.

"I am." He smiled slightly.

"But why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at your own gym?" she spoke up around her thumb stuffed into her mouth almost cutely.

"I'm actually looking for someone you see..."

----

"I just need to deal with Lilith! Not you losers!" Alexia shouted, losing all patience with her old allies and bum rushing her current opponent, tackling him to the ground as Mismagius and Murkrow followed suit - knocking the man's Zangoose to the ground before rushing past them further down the secret base's hallways.

----

Lilith's lips curled up into a cruel smirk as she watched monitors and Alexia and her two Pokemon making their way towards her. Her moment was ruined as her leg itched beneath its cast.

----

"Ah.... Ah, which way was it again...?" Alexia stressed, looking from right to left at the intersection, her finger pointing in the direction she looked as if mentally playing eenie-meanie-minie-moe.

["You're a hopeless one, missy!"] Murkrow snapped, deadpanning at his Trainer angrily.

"Let's go this way!" the woman shouted running to the left in frustration instead of retorting to Murkrow as she wished to do. Murkrow instantly followed, however Mismagius hovered for several seconds while staring after the duo.

["... ... But it's the other way..."]

----

"Are you sure this is it?" Morty questioned staring down at the stairs. The girl's brother nodded.

"Yep, my family owned this store the last time Team Rocket was acting up around here, if that's who your girl is looking for that's where she'll be." The boy nodded, holding the little girl's hand in his hand as she smiled happy that she could help the 'ghostie town's gym leader.'

As if seeing the scrutinizing look Morty was giving him the boy further explained: "My dad's kinda down there, I don't like but what can I do?" and with that the fair-haired boy lead his sister out of the store leaving Morty to head down in the Team Rocket's base.

----

"Ah, I think we took a wrong turn guys!" stressed Alexia, eyes widening as she felt the anger radiating off of Murkrow - his crimson eyes glaring daggers into her frame.

["WHAT A USELESS LASS!"]

"He-hey! That was uncalled for!"

Their fight only escalated as Murkrow took a large strand of Alexia's long hair into his beak and began tugging while shouting out various insults around her hair and causing the Trainer to wail back just as angrily. It should be noted that Mismagius watched all this with a stunned look upon her face as the woman attempted to push the crow-like Pokemon away only to fail and cause herself even more pain.

["Uhm... I know the way..."]

She was ignored.

----

"Haunter use Hypnosis on both Pokemon and Trainers!" Morty demanded, as his Pokemon's eyes began to glow blue as he moved his detached hands to cast about Hypnosis' effects evenly.

Both Rocket members soon toppled to the floor asleep as well as their Raticate and Crobat following suit.

"C'mon!"

["Worried that she's bitten off more than she can chew?"] snickered Haunter as they ran on past the fallen Rocket Members - most of which were already knocked out as they ran past. Morty could only imagine what Alexia and her Pokemon had done to accomplish such a feat.

Soon the hallway turned into a t-junction, causing the gym leader to stop and look left and right, pondering which way to go. That is before a familiar ghost Pokemon's shouting as well as Alexia's voice drifting from the left drew his attention. Glancing at Haunter the ghost Pokemon's grin widen and he led the way for his Trainer.

Neither of them were expecting to see Murkrow tormenting his own Trainer and Mismagius drawing in a deep breath to let loose an ear-splitting screech to gather their attention.