[Pokemon] Playing With Shadows [Morty] IV

"There you are, Zuzu!" grinned Keith grinned, his golden eyes pinned on his Zubat who finally flew up to them in the middle of the night, hovering a few feet away from her Trainer. Jacob sweat dropped, staring at his partner as if he couldn't believe what he'd just heard.

"Zuzu?"

"Zubat bat bat! Zu, bat zu zu!" tittered the bat Pokemon eagerly as the blue-haired Keith nodded, crossing his arms over his chest as he listened. Then his grin grew even wider, if that were possible.

"So? I take it Zuzu had good news." Jacob answers, tugging at his blonde ponytail in frustration. He hated being kept in the dark.

"There's a Poochyena over in Ecruteak!"

"Well, then let's head that way, shall we?"

-----

["Now the Pokemon that's pretending not to be a Pokemon, ya say yer lookin' for her?"] Murkrow questions while rubbing his scar with his wing as if to itch it.

["Yes! It's a very long story, sir."] Mismagius nods, the Dusk Ball still perched perilously on her witch's hat brim head.

["Well we got quite awhile, lil' missy, and I want some info on what's goin' on, ya know."] Murkrow sniffs, staring down his beak at the magical Pokemon. The result was instantaneous in the ghost Pokemon, her face flushed red and she began glaring daggers at the darkness Pokemon.

["If you must know that was my human!"] Murkrow's expression shifted from curious to intrigue in just seconds as he shifted to lean closer.

["Oh?"]

Mismagius bit her lip. That probably wasn't something she should have told the other Pokemon.

-----

Morty stared down at the obstinate Poochyena. She seemed to glare back at him, the tip of her tail beating the ground in an irritated rhythm. He tossed the Pokeball in his hand only to have her head butt it back easily. So, he tried again, this time she smacked it back with her tail, and then her hind leg and so on and so forth.

"You're gonna have to get into the Pokeball sometime, Poochyena." Morty sighed, gesturing to the red and white Pokeball in his hand.

Alexia narrowed her eyes at him and the Pokeball in his hand. She promptly shook her head 'no.'

"I understand you don't like it, but sometimes it's safer inside a Pokeball." Morty sighed again. Really he just wanted a break. Gastly had taken it upon himself to pester the bite Pokemon and it resulted in some rather aggressive battling on her end. Gastly was merely playing.

["Not gonna happen, boy-o."] Alexia snorted.

["Oh, what's the matter, don't like the big-scary Pokeball, Poochy-exia?"] taunted Gastly, hovering behind Morty, spinning round and round contently.

["What's that?!"] snarled Alexia, her fur bristling, and Morty pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation at both his Gastly and Poochyena.

"Please, will you two try to get along?" he grumbled, trying to ignore the dull throbbing in his head.

-----

["So, yer tellin' me, that yer Trainer was apart of this... Team Rocket?"] At a nod from Mismagius Murkrow went on. ["And when she tried to quit and run off they used her in an experiment turning her into that pretender Pokemon?"]

["Yes."]

["THAT'S THE STUPIDEST THING I EVER HEARD!"]

["How so!?"]

["How does a human turn into a Pokemon!"]

["They stole some man's machine. He accidentally turned into a Pokemon-human hybrid once, according to them, so they stole his data and rebuilt something similar."] The magical Pokemon answered without skipping a beat.

["Yer kiddin' me..."]

["I am not!"]

Murkrow stared Mismagius down long and hard, though the purple Pokemon never once flinched. With a sigh Murkrow flexed his inky black wings. ["Well, then let's get searching."]

["Really!?"]

["Yes, really, ya moron!"]

----

She did not like this at all. Alexia now had a new found respect for any Pokemon that could be stuck inside a Pokeball like this. Naturally she couldn't let Gastly think she was afraid of a Pokeball, but she now resolved to allow Mismagius out a hell of a lot more often if she ever managed to find a way back to her original form.