chapter 16

Chapter 16

   Ryder’s POV:

      Aara stood up and started yelling in, I think Spanish or maybe it was French? I don’t know. What I did know though was that she definitely knew this girl.

    “Aara? Aara!? Calm down okay and please talk in English.” I said as I grabbed her arm with Lynny in my other.

     She was still going on about the girl in the picture when Lynny started to fuss. I tried rocking her but it wasn’t working.

     The crying finally got Aara’s attention and she stopped yelling and came over to me and Rylyn. “Come here baby.” She said as she rocked Rylyn back and forth. The crying stopped.

   “Nothing like being rocked in a mothers arms.” I said and Aara looked up at me with a smile.

   “I’m sorry I went off screaming at you. I’m just really pissed off right now.” I nodded.

  “It’s okay. And what language were you speaking anyway?” I laughed.

   “It was French. I had to take it at the age of 7 because my father’s grandma was really strict and insisted on me taking it and learning my background history.” She said it like she was irritated that she had to learn it.

   “So could you tell me why you were yelling in the first place?” I ask still confused.

   She sighed. “Jessica is my sister. Well my twin to be exact.” I went to interrupt but she stopped me. “When my dad died we were only about 13 the whole family broke down. I was more of a mommy’s girl and Jessica was more of a daddy’s girl. My parents were already split up and we lived with my mother most of the time so it was really hard on her.”

   She paused and her voice cracked like she was about to cry. I put my hand on her back and rubbed soothing circles on her lower back.

   “Jessica went to go live with our step mom and we liked never talked again. Yeah we don’t look alike you can see that from the picture. I just never thought she would do this to me! I knew she didn’t really like me but we haven’t spoken for years and now she’s just going to show up and ruin my life?”

   I calmed her down and told her it was going to be okay. “Do you know where she might be staying and we could go talk to her?” I asked kind of wanting to see this chick for myself. No one hurts my girls!

    “No. Not really. Last I knew she was in another state but I do have her cell number. That is if she has it and if she does I don’t even know if she would answer. Like I said we haven’t spoken for maybe over 2 to 3 years.”

     “Well just try.” She nodded and pulled out her cell phone. She messed around with it for a couple times the put it up to her ear I could barley hear it ringing. Aara was struggling to hold Lynny so i took her from her and rock her back and forth.

    "Hello? Jessica? Yes its me. How are you doing?" She spoke into the phone and paused while Jessica talked back.

    "Yes. I just wanted to know how you were doing and if you wanted to catch up? Yeah and I wanted you to meet someone..." Ther was another pause. "Yes. Okay so at Caline Cafe. Tomorrow? Yes that would work okay bye."

    "I'm going to go meet her at the Caline Cafe tomorrow at 2:30." I nodded then looked into her eyes. I could tell she was nervous.

    As I held Rylyn in my arm I used the other one to lift her face up towards mine.

    "Hey its going to be okay. I love you and Lynny I will make sure you both are okay no matter what." I leant her head up the rest of the way and pressed my lips softly to hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and just as we were getting into it Rylyn giggled and cooed.

    Aaralyn and me bothe pulled away laughing as Aara took Rylyn from my arms.

   "I love you sweetheart!" Aara said as she kissed Lynny on the cheek.

     And I loved both of my girls.