Chapter 2

Jodie wakes up about an hour later, still a bit tired but she just sits up and rubs the sleep from her eyes. Looking at the suitcase in front of her, she decides to change into fresh new clothes. She walks to her suitcase and opens it. She sees a pair of jeans and a red plain shirt and deciding to change into them.

After changing, she goes downstairs and she thinks she enters the living room. And in that room, she sees a bald man in his twenties in an office chair with a laptop on top of a glass table. He smiles at her and closes the laptop.

"Hi, you must be Jodie." He greets, smiling at her.

"Uh, yeah..." She gives him a smile back. "You must be Lex Luthor."

He scoffs, "I suppose that your aunt talked to you about me."

"Well, no not really. She only mentioned your name." Jodie replies.

He stands up from his chair, "Welcome to the family!" he says, shaking hands with her

"Thank you," Jodie says, now looking into his green eyes. And for a moment, she feels a bit attracted to him. Now looking away, awkwardness has filled the air. "Um, do you mind if you could tour me around Small--"

"Lex, uh--" A young gentleman comes through the door cutting Jodie off her sentence. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"No, not at all," Jodie and Lex says at the same time. They look at each other and smile.

"Jodie this is Clark, Clark this is Jodie." Lex introduces them.

"Hi." they both shake hands.

"Um... I'm gonna leave you two alone," Jodie suggests. "I think you guys have something important to talk about?"

"Yeah, thanks." Lex says. When Jodie is almost at the door, ready to go out, Lex says, "Jodie, I think Clark would love to tour you around Smallville."

Jodie turns around, "Sure, thanks" She says with a smile. Then leaving the room to go out, not knowing what to do.

As she walks out of the mansion and looking around the surroundings. She goes back to the moment when she meets Clark. Oh, God, I think I have a crush on one of Lex's friend! Clark is simply just... I mean, he sweeps me off my feet! I can't-- Jodie's thoughts gets interrupted by the call of her name. Spinning around, she sees Clark behind her.Her heart melts when his eyes meets hers. He comes closer and her heart starts racing.

"Hi." he greets with a smile.

"Hi." Jodie replies back.

"So, do you want to look around Smallville or just hang out in the Talon?" He asked.

"The Talon sounds like an interesting place," she says. "But I don't feel like in the mood to go now."

"Alright," Clark shrugs, thinking of a time. "How about in an hour?"

"Sure." Jodie replies and smiles at him, hoping that she is attracting him and giving him the same feeling she gets. Then Clark smiles back and says good-bye before walking away. Is he walking home? Huh, weird...