x30x

Parallel’s concert was fast approaching, and the five boys were definitely keeping Jungkook on his toes. He had been in such a chaotic state planning for the show that he hadn't had time to bring someone home,  and it certainly didn't help that the members had been at the house most of that week for preparations.
    The first day was by far the worst. I had completely forgotten that Seokjin had been one of my old friends, and that he thought I was dead for that matter, which made our first interaction all kinds of awkward.

    “Min Yoongi? What are you doing here!?” He asked, shocked as he walked through the door. “I thought you were... Dead.”
    “Oh hey Jin, I’m alive.” I responded. “I've been living with Kookie and haven't really gone anywhere...”

    Jungkook then entered the living room, carrying a tray with seven glasses of water.
    “Okay, let's get to work boys.” He said, setting the tray on the coffee table and opening his laptop as he sat.
    I decided that it would’ve been best to leave the room, but Jungkook had other plans, as I got up from my spot on the couch he spoke up again.
    “Oh Suga, where are you going?” He asked. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him, I did not expect him to use my nickname around other people. “This concerns you too, I want you on security detail at the concert, so you should probably meet the boys and understand what's going on.”

    I returned to my spot on the couch so introductions could begin.  The five boys stood and made their way to the other side of the coffee table to introduce themselves.
    “Hello we are Parallel.” They said in unison, bowing.
“I'm Parallel’s leader.” Jin stated matter-of-factly, “This is Mark and Xiumin: our rappers, and Hyuk and Hui our other vocalists.”
    The five bowed and said hello again before taking their seats on the large sectional.

    The seven of us discussed the set list, the fansign, every detail down to the lighting. I never could have guessed what Jungkook thinking, and I know none of the members could either, judging by their naive expressions,  especially when Jungkook told me what he was planning for the night of the concert.

………

    The night of the concert finally came, and the members were very obviously nervous, what with all of the bad publicity that had been surrounding them, and it was becoming obviously frustrating for Jungkook.

    That night his temper was shorter than usual, and I made no show of my presence, I just stood in front of the the stage, waiting for the idols to emerge from their dressing area. The crowd was relatively large, considering the scandals surrounding the group, and that was exactly what I’d been hoping for.
Excitement filled the fans as the boys made their way to the edge of the stage, fan chants filled the theatre as the show began.

By the fourth song Jungkook had disappeared from his spot behind the curtains, the two of us had arranged that from my security position I'd be able to see him and know when our plan was being set to work.
When I noticed he had moved I glanced upward. Exactly as I had expected. I looked back at Parallel on the stage, each was standing at a different point on the stage, probably about 10 feet apart, with Jin in the center.
What happened next caused a mass panic throughout the auditorium. Within seconds, before anyone could do anything to stop it, a stage light fell from the ceiling, with a huge crash, and landed on top of Seokjin.
    The screams through the theatre turned from ones of excitement to those of sheer terror, accompanied by sobs as blood pooled around the fallen light.
    The paramedics arrived in less than 10 minutes but there was nothing that could be done considering over 500 pounds of metal and glass had been dropped on the boy.

    As Jungkook was explaining what had happened to the police officer who was on the scene, which he explained as ‘a complete accident, due to faulty lighting.’ Of course, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Upon unlocking it and opening the notification I realized it was a breaking news alert:

Breaking: Due to the
pattern of recent killings related to the Dollface Killer, police suspect he may have an accomplice.

                    END