x1x

'--The Dollface Killer, as he's been nicknamed, is still on the loose. He is armed and dangerous. The police urge everyone to stay inside after dark.'
It's the same news all the time.

Every day it's the same old thing, an accident somewhere, someone died, and someone got an award for something insignificant.
Blah, blah, blah.

I shut off the TV and made my way to the kitchen to look for something to eat. "No news is good news... I guess." I say to myself, as I open the fridge.
Of course there's nothing inside. I haven't bought groceries in a week. I should have expected as much.

I reached for my phone to check the time: 1:45 am. Most fast food places are still open, I might as well get something to eat since I can't sleep.

I quickly got dressed in my favorite jeans along with a grey hoodie and I leave my apartment. It may be small, but it works for me.
After locking the door behind me, I head down the three flights of stairs and out the front door of the lobby.
The nearest McDonalds is only a couple blocks away. It was a quiet night, and not much could really happen in that short distance.

The street is vacant, which I guess is to be expected, since it's 2:00 in the morning on a Tuesday.
It's silent, so silent that when my phone beeps, signifying that I have a notification I almost jump out of my skin.

Calm down Min Yoongi. There's not even anyone else around. I laugh at myself for being scared. Do you really care if you die anyways? It's not like things have been going your way lately anyway.

I unlock my phone, almost blinded by the brightness, to a message from one of my classmates, Jung Hoseok.

That seems to be the only reason anyone ever texts me, which is strange. You'd think the class trainee would be the last person you'd ask for help. I mean, it's not like I had much time for homework anyway.

Regardless, I place my phone back in my pocket and turn the corner towards the restaurant, if you can call it that. The street isn't so silent anymore. I hear soft music coming from somewhere just out of sight like someone playing guitar and singing softly. A busker? At 2am?

I didn't give it much thought as I entered the doors of the McDonalds. One other person sat in the dining room and they seemed to have fallen asleep. Typical for a McDonalds I guess.

After placing my order and receiving my food, I sat myself in the back corner of the restaurant, and busied myself by trying to recognize the song I had heard earlier.
I decided after a while that it was a cover of Justin Bieber's 'Sorry', and with that question answered, I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and tried to enjoy my meal.

When I had finished I cleared my table of garbage and quietly thanked the staff before heading back out into the night.
Once again, I hear the voice singing with the guitar. It's louder now, and this time I see him. He's standing at the corner under the street light, guitar in hand, singing his heart out.

I head towards him, since my building was in that direction and I expected to just walk past without any contact with him, but I guess things really never happen how you expect them to.