Jeff the Killer: Daddy's little Psychopath

Chapter Five: New Sheriff In Town

Reporters swarmed the car as we pulled into the driveway. Lights flashing as I exited the car. People swarming me like moths to a flame. Any information they could get out of us, attacking us with questions, one right after the other. Vultures I swear.

"Mr. Jones, Mr. Jones! How does it feel to know your children survive such a murderous attack!?"

"Does this have anything to do with the recent assault charges against your daughter!?"

"Is it true your daughter attacked another student at the school!?"

There was too much going on. Mr. Jones pushes them aside. As he turns to speak with the press. They all grew silent, the wave of people ceased immediately. Waiting for his response.

"I'll say this once, and only once. We are not a liberty to speak with the press at this moment and time. As you can see both my children have just been discharged from the hospital, and are severely injured. We will not be taking any questions at this time. Thank you."

Just like that as we entered the house they swarmed the door, barricading us in. This went on for two days. We could barely take a piss without a camera shoved in our face. Attention like this just isn't my thing. At some point. Mrs. Jones finally snapped. She couldn't take it anymore. She stood in the kitchen cooking dinner as usual, when I noticed she cut herself with the kitchen knife.

"Shit!" She says.

We look in her direction, this is the first time. I've remotely heard her use any type of profanity. Even tanner is taken back by her outburst. We haven't been to school in days. The doctor said we should take a week or so until we're ready to go back. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Another damn reporter. Don't they get tired of being told to get lost? I go to the door. Tanner is a bit worried so he goes in to answer the door first. I still haven't told him anything about my Father. But at this point what can I say. "Hey, my psycho Dad just came back into town, and he's here to kill me and your family!" That would never fly by him. Not a chance in hell. Tanner slowly opens the door. He's greeted by an officer.

"Hello is Mr. Jones by any chance available?"

"What's it to you?" Tanner replies.

"Seeing as you might not be familiar with the uniform son. I'll let that comment slide."

Mr. Jones comes downstairs fastening his tie, and adjusting his collar. He looks sharp, cutthroat even. He greets the officer with a smile.

"You"ll have to excuse my son. He's an idiot, who can't recognize authority when he sees it."

"No problem Mr. Jones, I understand he's young. He just doesn't know how the world works yet."

Tanner scoffs, as he signals me to go upstairs. Clearly, this is the time for the adults to be adults, while the children go off to play. I head up to my room. Tanner following in behind. Up until this point, I was avoiding him in the house. Locking my door, ignoring his text. But I knew this moment would arise sooner or later. Better to rip the band-aid off quickly, then slowly. He closes the door behind me. Locking it. I could almost feel murderous intent.

"Okay Jen, explain. Now!"

I let out a sigh. I will explain all that's happened up until now. The first time we met. Right after the bimbo incident. The Librarian.

"Jesus, fucking Christ! He was in the house!? Why haven't you told me up until now!? We could have taken this guy out!? Who is he anyway!?"

"Remember when I said my dad killed my mom," I say.