Jeff the Killer: Daddy's little Psychopath

Chapter Four: Father, Father Tell Me. Where You've Been?

I haven't really been myself since that night. I was waiting for him to strike. But nothing came. The body from the other night was reported to the police that very morning, making it very troublesome for me. The patrols became more frequent in our neighborhood. I haven't hunted in a week. If I don't kill by tomorrow, I think I'll go insane. I walk aimlessly through the halls of the school. The whispers began to creep, forcing their way into my thoughts.

"Woah, so that's the girl huh? She's so small, can't believe she put someone as big as Max in the hospital."

"What a freak, poor Max. I knew she was a freak from the day she stepped foot here."

"Poor Tanner, turns out his sister's a freak."

It felt as if they started to surround me with their words, smothering me with each breath. The more they spoke, the deeper I sunk. The urge grew. I wanted them to regret their words. I've been carrying a knife on me since the incident. Reaching into my bag, I clench the knife, fiddling with the handle. As I approached my locker, people started to swarm around me.

I was an animal.

Never corner a wild animal.

They become hostile and strike back. What appeared to be the leader of this shit show was a girl. Her name is unknown to me, but her face is surprisingly familiar. She was with the blonde that night. Seeing as her former queen bee has kicked the bucket, I assumed she was the leader of the pack. What more to prove your dominance than to pick on the weak. The freaks of this world.

"Wow, never expected you to show up today. Don't you normally skip school?" She antagonized.

I said nothing for a moment, ignoring her as I proceeded to open my locker.

"For the chick who took down Max, you sure as hell don't have much to say. What is wrong? Jock got your tongue?" She encouraged her group of lackeys to laugh at the tasteless joke. More people seemed to gather around me.

"Hey, freak. I'm talking to you." She violently turns me into her direction. Instantly, my eyes locked with hers.

"Don't touch me," I said with a calm voice, my hand gripping her wrist. My grip around her wrist grew tighter. Her reactions were priceless. Her eyes widened, and fear slowly started to sink as she learned that she could not escape my grasp.

"You think I'll let that slide? My first mistake was letting that idiot live. I won't make that mistake again. Are you willing to take that chance?" Her soft skin grew cold, and the hairs on her arms began to rise. Just as she pulled against me once more, I let her go as she scurried on the ground, collecting all her thoughts. They all begin to flee, filled with disgust. Tanner slowly approaches me. I haven't told him anything about my Dad; I'm still debating on that. Tanner walks towards me.

"How are you holding up?"

"Not good," I sigh.

"I'd wish you would stop threatening people like that. Aren't you the least bit scared they'll report you to the principal?" He gives me a smirk, knowing damn well I don't give a shit.

"They approached me. You know I'm the school's freak. I got to uphold my title. Don't I?" He chuckles slightly as he walks me to my next class. I wave him goodbye. Entering, I take a seat and immediately go for a nap. I can't concentrate on anything. School, my family, my newfound father. I needed to do something. The last bell rings and we all go home. I had to stay after for a bit due to the fact that I'm failing all of my classes. I haven't had time to put any effort into school. The school's library is quiet, a little too quiet for me. It was only me and Ms. Paterson, the librarian. Only me and her, huh? I smiled; this is the chance I was looking for. I close my textbook and slowly head to her desk. She greets me with a warming smile.