News from home

You woke up early and got dressed quickly. It had been a few weeks since you and Pyrrha got together and you've walked her to class everyday. Recently you noticed that she seemed a bit happier.
"Hey, why is it that you've seemed a bit happier lately?"
"Well I guess it's because Jaune agreed to train with me after our trip to Forever Fall." Pyrrha replied looking at you while smiling. You looked at her beautiful smile for a second before kissing her on the forehead.
After classes you and Pyrrha went to study in the library, well it was more of her helping you study because she was basically a perfect student. You were reading a book to refresh yourself with the history of Remnant when you looked up and just found yourself staring at the beautiful redhead sitting next to you. After a while she looked up to see you still staring at her. She said your name a couple times but you didn't respond. Finally she poked you on the forehead and you snapped out of your trance.
"Y/n, why were you looking at me." She asked curiously.
"Oh I just looked up and you looked so beautiful, I couldn't look away." You replied. Pyrrha started blushing and smiling like crazy. You went back to your book when Pyrrha suddenly gave you a quick kiss on the cheek. While still looking at your book you brought your hand to hers and rested it on top. When you finished studying the two of you went back to your dorms. When you walked in you saw the rest of your team in their regular gear with their weapons.
"Get changed and grab your gear we're gonna go spar."Sam said while checking over his katana. A few minutes later you and Jasmine were battling Jack and Sam. Jack ran up at you and swung his hatchets, you jumped to your left drew your axe and blocked the next series of strikes. You then slammed your shoulder into Jacks chest making him stumble backwards, during his recovery you got some distance and switched to your rifle. You unloaded six shots, a few missed but the rest got absorbed by Jacks aura. Jack quickly closed the rest of the distance but not before you switched and swung your axe right into his path not giving him time to react. The blade connected and he flew backwards.
You checked your scroll and saw his aura in the red, you walked over picked him up and got him out of the sparring area.
In the mean time Jasmine and Sam were still locked in combat. He would fire his bow but Jasmine would just block the arrows by spinning her spear. Jasmine quickly got close and switched to her saber, she slashed at Sam while he was open. She got in one hit before Sam kicked her back before switching to his katana. Jasmine charged but was met with a counter attack which she barely blocked. Sam started swinging in every angle possible to throw her off. Eventually Jasmine couldn't keep up with Sam's attacks and fell backwards. Her aura wasn't down but she was out of stamina. After you all made sure Jasmine was okay you decided to call it a tie and stop for the day. When you got back to your dorm you all collapsed into your beds and went to sleep for the next day. After classes the next day you and Pyrrha went to study in the library again. About half an hour later you got an alert on your scroll. It was Ozpin and he wanted to speak with you.
You stood up and packed up your things.
"Where are you going?" Pyrrha asked.
"I just got a message from Ozpin saying he wants to speak with me." You replied.
You made it to his office wondering what was wrong. When you got out of the elevator you walked up to Ozpin's desk and took a seat.
"Me.L/n, I'm afraid I have some unpleasant news for you. I received a letter saying that your father has become quite ill, the doctor doesn't know how much time he has left, the letter also recommended that I let you leave for a few days to go and see him. I looked over your papers and you seem to be able to handle yourself, so if you want I'll let you go." Ozpin said.
"Thank you so much, when can I go?" You asked.
"I would recommend tomorrow, after all you'll need to catch up on all the schoolwork you miss and the dance is coming up soon." Ozpin replied.
You said thank you again and left the office to go back to your dorm and pack. On the way you ran into Pyrrha.
"Y/n, what did Ozpin have to say?" She asked
"Well, my dad is sick and he called me up to tell me. He said I can leave for a few days to see him, I'm going to pack tonight and leave tomorrow." You replied. Once you got back to your dorm you told your team about your situation, got packed and went to bed.
The next morning you got up early grabbed your bags and headed to the airship docks. While you were waiting you saw that all of your friends were waiting behind you.
You said goodbye to everyone as your airship pulled up. As they were leaving you saw Pyrrha running up to you, you noticed she was in her regular gear and wearing a backpack.
"What's this?" You asked showing your curiosity.
"Well, after you told me what happened I talked to Ozpin and he said I could go with you." She replied happily.
You looked at her for a moment and suddenly hugged her. She accepted it and you boarded the airship together. When you got off in Vale you pulled a small piece of paper with an address on it out of your jacket.
"What's that?" Pyrrha asked.
"It's a storage shed, there's one thing I need to pick up before we go." You replied.
A/n: Hope you liked it, please tell tell me how I did