Life Lesson 1

Be yourself, no matter what.
"Be stupid, be dumb, be funny, if that's who you are. Don't try to be someone that society wants you to be; that's stupid. So be yourself"- Christina Grimmie

"Who are you?" She hummed her question, a wide smile on her face. She always loved new company. Especially the crazy ones.

"What's it to you, sweetcheeks?" The man grinned, his blood red lips turned up in a higher smile. It was as if they were out-smiling each other.

"Me, doll. This is my town. Whether they know it or not," She started off, her sarcasm coming out, before it turned dark. Almost too menacing for her petit frame.

Joker's eyes darkened. He didn't like that. He didn't like that she took claim to the town, "Seems like we have an issue..." He leaned forward the best he could. The ropes dug tightly into his biceps. He almost winced, feeling a prickling sensation across where the ropes were. Barbwire. "I'm the new prince in town. The clown prince, and I say, its mine!" He growled.

She blinked a few times, "Really?" She murmured and rubbed her thumb against her plump lip, as if in thought. It was a habit, Joker would soon come to learn, that she did when she contemplated any change. "Okay!" She giggled and threw her arms up, her hands clenched tightly around the blade in her hand. "You can have it..."

Joker turned his nose up, catching a tone in her voice. She wanted something, "What's the catch?" He mused. He loved feeling like this. As if he was in control.

"You see, it's just not in me to hand over something. You know," She walked behind him and traced the blade shoulder to shoulder. Joker shuddered, holding back a groan. He never felt that before. She bent down to his ear, whispering darkly into it, "Take it from me, doll." Both of their eyes darkened at this; they were ready for a fight.

Panting and sweat filled the air. He couldn't believe someone as tiny as her could take him. Let alone defeat him. He growled at himself, angry. How could she of beaten him, he was the Joker! "Oh doll," She cooed, her fingertips tracing the edge of his hairline. She had been cradling his back for the past hour, refusing to let him stand up. "You win the town," Joker growled, he didn't want to win it if he lost. He wanted to fight and win. "But..." Her nail dug into his back, following the curvature of his spine. "I'm going to break you. Tear you down and build you up... You. Are. Mine." She whispered and stood up. Her heels clacked on the cement by his head as she walked to the door. She snapped her fingers and four men came in, all wearing bright colored uniforms. "Take him to the jester's court," She ordered. The men, no answer from them, lifted up the Joker and shuffled him out. He glared at her, but grinned as she spoke one more time.

"Let's see if you can survive. Can you stay your same insane self? Or will you crumble and break into someone new...I wonder."