Prologue

I look outside, staring at the kids running around on the playground across the street.  Ugh, I wish I was out there with them, not stuck in this stuffy classroom.

"Sherisa! Pay attention. This is why you don't have the grades your sister did." Mrs. Gross brags about Kassa as usual.

"Sorry to be such a disappointment Mrs. Grose." I roll my eyes discreetly once she turns away. Kassa is my sister, but we're nothing alike. She's pretty, smart and athletic -- the only thing we have in common is being named after characters from our parents favorite outer space sitcom, NASA Stole My Brother. People expect me to be just like her, but they're always disappointed. "I'll try to do better next time." I sigh.

The bell finally rings, and I rush out. On the way to my locker, I spot Chris Johnson. I walk a little closer and tuck my hair behind my ear. I finally woke up early this morning, so I actually look nice for once! I look up, hoping he would meet my eyes. 

Our eyes actually meet, and I'm taken aback. I totally was not expecting that! He flashes me a toothy grin, and his green eyes twinkle under the hallway lights. He walks up to me, and I try not to freak out. Act cool, act cool, act c--

"Hey, you're Sherisa right? We have Spanish class together?" I nod like the Hawaiian bobble-head on my mom's car dashboard. "Do you mind helping me with our class project?" I nod again, even though I internally slap myself for not being able to speak, and he grabs my wrist. As he drags me along, I try my best not to freak out. We stop at locker 143, a few lockers away from his locker. "Wait here, I'm gonna grab my camera." 

I wait in place, thinking about how cute and sweet Chris is, when I hear a sound come from the locker. 

"Psssst! Over here!" I turn around. All of a sudden, the column of lockers open and two buff arms reach out of the darkness and pull me inside before I can even let out a scream.

Instead of being in a locker, I'm in what looks like the entrance to Dexter's Laboratory. I scream as we shoot underground. The round doors steam as they open, and I struggle as the officers grip my arms to carry me out. "Let me go!" They ignore me. 

Finally, when we enter a dark room, they drop me to the ground.

A third officer appears out of the darkness. "You're the sister of Kassa Brown?" 

"So what if I am?" I mean, it don't matter does it?

"We're going to need to keep you for a week for testing." The officers grab me again and pull me towards a strange glowing machine.

"Wait, what? You can't do this!" I desperately claw against their force, but it's no use as they force me inside the machine and lock the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: I'm revamping the entire story!