~1~ The Siren's Song

I struggle to get free. "This is insane! And illegal! If you don't let me out, you'll be hearing my lawyers!" I grimace at the thought of Chris waiting for me. As I look around for a means of escape, my eyes rest on what looks like a pair of sneakers. I let out a small gasp when I see her. 

Suspended in the glowing machine next to me is Kassa. I press against the glass to get a closer look. Her usually shiny black curls have a dull grey sheen to them. I glance down to her manicured hands, which hung limp by her sides. 

I shudder in disbelief. But just as tears start forming and before I can investigate further, the machine yanks me into restraints. Needles fly down from the top and stick me in multiple places. The machine starts beeping and shaking, and I frantically try to get another look at my sister, only to see her in the same position as me. 

Warm, pink, sparkly liquid pours out through the needle lines and runs through my veins. 

My frown is soon replaced with an easy grin. My fists loosen, and my tears dry. My hair turns a rich, honey brown, and as I look down, my normally oversized feet become a lot more average. "Everything is gonna be alright," I think as my eyes blink slower and slower. The guards in front of the glass blend together into a sea of navy blue. The waves rock me into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Groggy, I slowly open my eyes, rubbing my temples. What just happened?  And where am I? I look down to see myself strapped to a metal table. A guard walks in, and the memories come flooding back. My anger begins to rebuild. 

"Kassa. Why's she here?" The guard looks to another officer with a more decorated vest before slowly opening his mouth.

"We ran into a little trouble. Because of unforeseen circumstances, your sister is in suspended animation and can not be released until more of the perfection substance has been pumped into her blood." My glare slightly loosens as I try to comprehend his statement. Suspended animation? Perfection substance? My sister wasn't born perfect, but she was... made that way?

"What are you trying to say? Actually no, I don't care about what you're trying to say, just tell me: is she dead?" I watch as the guard hesitates, shifting his gaze to the officer once again. My throat goes dry, and my heart seems to hit against my chest.

"She's not dead yet, and we are watching the situation closely." Yet? I roll my eyes. What government BS. 

"Um, excuse me, but can you clarify that? What do you mean yet? If you were watching closely, there wouldn't be a yet!" After a look from the officer, the guard stops responding and slowly starts rolling the table I'm on. "Hello? How about an answer? And didn't I say this was illegal?" He remains stoic as he rolls me into another room. I look around to see all kinds of medical tools and equipment. What were they going to do to me? 

I strain against the straps holding me to the bed. "Let me go!" Quickly, people in white coats come in and cover my mouth. I try to hold my breath but eventually give in. Words become heavy in my mouth. I hear the ocean waves calling me again. I feel a slight prick in my arm, which is soon overcome by a rush of confidence. My hair once again glows honey brown, and my feet shrink down to a dainty size.

Instructions interrupt my beach-side vacation. "Now transfer it to her sister." I don't know what that means, but the waves start calling me back. 

"Sherisa, Sherisa, where are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit up. I feel a sharp pinch around my wrists. Looking down, I notice straps have been replaced which metal bracelets with a strange string of numbers. Where am I? I look around to find myself in the same room. "It didn't work sir." Is that the guard?

"Don't tell me that Lenny! How can we explain a mishap to her parents?" 

"Hey Lenny," I try to clear my throat, "if you're gonna kidnap me, the least you could do is give me a blanket." Why is it so cold in here? 

"She's conscious, sir." I can't help but roll my eyes. Of course I'm conscious! Why wouldn't I be? I slowly edge out of the bed and look around. I see a strange but sparkly fluid running through Kassa's veins.

"Is that perfection?" It looks well, perfect.

Lenny looks at the officer for approval. "Yes. It's made out of well loved materials, and then sparkles are added to it." He looks uncharacteristically sheepish for a second, adding, "It was actually my idea to add the sparkles." He then leaves to get me a blanket. I can't help but let out a small laugh. I shake my head and walk up to the tube holding Kassa. Her arms are drooping down. I tap on the glass. No response. A lump suddenly grows in my throat. I shift my eyes to the officer.

"What did you do to my sister?" I ball my fists. 

"She's simply just in a coma. Her blood has become a little dependent on perfection." The officer says this calmly. His demeanor makes my anger boil over, and before I can stop myself, I pounce on him.

"This is some kind of sick joke, isn't it? Fix her now!" I'm still yanking his hair out until Lenny pulls me off. I flail my arms, yelling in outrage. I see Lenny grab a needle, and I feel a sharp sensation. Everything is black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n - hey yall! I hope you enjoyed this redone chapter! I don't know if I'll be able to continue, but I will try my best. Vote/Comment/Something: Criticism is always welcome!

- Lovechu72<3