chapter twenty three

•haley•

back on this cramped bus couch, cuddled up against luke his chest rising and falling.

"DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN OR RIDE OUR BIKE AROUND THE HALL-"

"No Michael, no one wants to build a snowman or ride bikes with you!" i screamed burying my head in lukes chest.

"god i missed you haley" michael said falling on top of me.

"have you gotten heavier??" he chuckled rolling onto the floor continuing to watch frozen.

the bus door swung open, calum walking in his hair all messed up. my stomach dropped and i focused on the movie trying to avoid the whole situation.

"you're back?" he hadn't even made it all the way into the bus.

"guess so, you might want to fix your hair."

"you have got to be kidding me after everything that happened you're snuggled up right next to him?"

"just let it go Calum." Ashton whispered shaking his head.

"no i won't let it go, how did this happen. when did it happen."

"when you were fucking that girl thats when." Luke whispered.

"what was that?!" calum was trying to pick a fight, and my only assumption was that he had been drinking

"I SAID WHEN YOU WERE FUCKING THAT GIRL." calum's temper grew rapidly, while ashton michael and i watched.

"why don't you shut the fuck up, huh? where were you while haley was here waiting for you, exactly."

"that was a mistake, i was angry, drunk, you're just a fucking fake." you could feel the tension in the room, and i wanted to stop it before it got out of hand but i felt smaller than i normally was compared to them.

"if you're trying to say something just say it." calum was grinding his teeth waiting for luke's response.

"you tried to take the only person i've ever needed away from me, kept dropping hints that you would be alone together, and when i got mad you were the one to comfort her. you don't care about her like i do calum you just wanted to get some and drop her!"

"stop it now! stop talking about me like i'm not right here." i screamed gripping the ends of the couch.

"haley that's no-"

"it's true calum, dont lie to me, it's true?" i watched him pick at his cuticle trying to avoid the question.

"i trusted you, i let my guard down when i knew that luke was supposed to be who i was with. you had that all planned. you're a sick person you said you loved me! you're a liar."