chapter twenty

•luke•

it hurt every night. the pain was overwhelming and i wasnt sure if i could take it. i was tossing and turning and crying and sobbing. i was screaming and punching and sleeping and writing. it was something that i would never get over. i hurt the one person who would ever care for me. i disappointed everyone. i can't live with that pain.

•haley•

two weeks later

i finally agreed to go to a show with niall and watch the whole concert, including luke, and i finally decided it'd be okay. somehow even though luke and i werent anything, calum and i still were sneaking kisses. and i hadn't been sure why.

"come on you're gonna have fun!" harry screamed dragging me into the arena.

"sit back here no one else needs to know you're here."

the concert had started long after that, and i was ready for facing the opening act, four of my so called best friends, which now seemed to be three. they played songs that i had been familiar with and then stopped. luke looked upset but gulped down the sadness looking into the crowd.

"this is something you're not going to know, and i'm sorry. i did a bad thing, i fucked up," he stopped chuckling at the crowds gasps. michael and calum looked uneasy at each other while ashton kept quiet. "i lost someone who was very important to me because i was an idiot. i wish i would have never done what i did, i need her in my life. she isnt here right now, she probably never will be again, but i love you haley and i'm sorry..." he nodded at michael ready for him to start. my eyes were wide and niall put his arm around me smiling. he knew this was going to happen.

" dont talk let me think it over how we gonna fix this how we gonna undue all the pain tell me is it even worth it, looking for a straight line taking back the time we can't replace.

all the crossed wires, just making us tired is it too late to bring us back to life

when i close my eyes and try to sleep i fall apart and find it hard to breathe you're the reason the only reason, even though my dizzy head it numb i swear my heart is never giving up you're the reason the only reason

feel you burning under my skin i swear i see you shining brighter than the flame inside your eyes

bitter words are spoken everything is broken its never too late to bring us back to life

when i close my eyes and try to sleep i fall apart and find it hard to breathe you're the reason the only reason, even though my dizzy head it numb i swear my heart is never giving up you're the reason the only reason

dont talk let me think it over how we gonna fix this how we gonna undue all the pain

when i close my eyes and try to sleep i fall apart and find it hard to breathe you're the reason the only reason, even though my dizzy head it numb i swear my heart is never giving up you're the reason the only reason

when i close my eyes and try to sleep i fall apart and find it hard to breathe you're the reason the only reason, even though my dizzy head it numb i swear my heart is never giving up you're the reason the only reason "

i swollowed hard, looking over at niall and out at luke. did he really write that?

"he wrote that for you haley. he hasn't drank since that night, he wont leave his bunk. he's written every night. he misses you. he needs you." i shook my head hiding in the corner for the rest of their set.

ashton walked off stage smiling big when he saw me.

"niall told me you were coming." his smile began to fade when he realized i heard the song. with tear filled eyes i looked up to see luke walking off stage. his semi-smile faded when he saw me in a corner. he didn't want me to hear that song or that speech, i knew it.

"haley..."

"you hurt me luke, that isnt something you can be so easily forgiven of no matter how bad i want to forgive you.."