Chapter 5: The guards.

"Wait, what happened"

"The village was attacked. Me and some if the others managed to get to the hidden exit. As I went to look for mother and Kyra I found them with one of the guards from the village. They we're being attacked by a dragon born. I managed to save Kyra and the guard but mother was killed."

"Do you wanna join the guards here Iniphis?"

She nods.  He stands up and turns to one of the other guards.

"Get Durmont for me, I would like to introduce him to Iniphis."

About 5 minuets pass and the guard come back with a Human wearing leather looking chestplate with black and green. 

"You asked me here Tivalry, did something happen?"

"I would like to introduce you to my daughter, Iniphis." He says as he places his hand on her shoulder as she does a small bow.

"She is a very good fighter and could be a helpful guard"

Durmont walks up to Iniphis, "Lets see how good you are, Arnix come here."

A tall looking guard walks over to them. He had short brown hair and dark brown eyes that almost looked black. He wore basic leather armour and he had a great sword on his back.

"Arnix is one of our best fighters, lets see how you stand against him."

Iniphis and Arnix walked over to the training area. A group of guards stood around to watch. Arnix pulled his great sword and held it in both hands. Iniphis placed her hand around the handle of her sword, she breathed in slowly the pulled the sword from its sheath. They both nodded at each other. Iniphis took a step forward holding her sword out in-front of her. Arnix stepped forwards as he swung his sword at Iniphis's side. She quickly stepped to the side and swung her sword cutting Arnix's side. He swung at her again this time aiming for her shoulder. She ducked and used her tail to trip him up. He stood up and brushed himself off.

"You're good" He said with a shocked tone.

"Thanks" Iniphis replied with a smile on her face. "I learned from the best" She points towards her father. Arnix similes and walks over to the group of guards that we're watching.

"You could be really helpful as a guard. You willing to join?" Durmont smiles as Iniphis nods.

"Come back here at around 10 tomorrow morning" She nods. "We will see you in the morning. The rest of you get back to training."

Iniphis walks over to her father and hugs him. "I've got something I need to do. I am staying with Toldon so if you need me look there". Her father nods as she walks away.