41. Makeup

"This was probably a big mistake."

•••

Avelyn

After Shawn and I spent three days together in Arizona we decided to go back to New York. I needed to pack new clothes for Paris and London, he didn't need to go back to Toronto because apparently he knew I'd say yes.

Therefore after spending a couple days with my parents who were kind of star struck we took a flight back to New York. We weren't staying long just two days before our flight to Paris. I couldn't wait I mean Paris and London? That's a dream come true.

I've always fallen in love with places I've never been to. Those being some of the places, it was definitely going to be crazy. And beautiful, amazing, and well hopefully memorable especially with Shawn.

I know what you're thinking, why do you want for it to be memorable? I'm not really sure, I mean I've always wanted to be Shawn Mendes's best friend. Now that I have been for the past six almost seven months it's been amazing. Everything I ever thought it would be and more, I mean he's funny and cute.

Then again he's always been that way to his fans. Though I guess it's just more different, he's more open. More free and himself, he's himself with his fans but it's different because of social media. You have to always watch how you say and the way you say things, he's learning to become more open about things though.

But when it comes to being friends with him he isn't as filtered. He's relaxed and just himself, I've gotten to know him better. When this all happened I wanted to be his friend, it's what I've wanted ever since I found his vine covers in 2013.

But the more I hung out with him and the more I started to like him. I mean being a fan it was a given to have feelings for him. Of course before I was sure I'd never meet him or never actually know him. I had accepted the fact that I was a one in a million and just knew I wouldn't end up with him.

Though my life hasn't hasn't exactly been the same since then. I mean I'm best friends with my idol, I've been out of the country with him. I've hung out and have gotten to know him on another level. I've developed feelings for him and don't know what to do, I don't want to ruin anything.

I was not going to be that person to stop him from liking anyone. I was his friend and that's all I would be, even if he likes other girls. I told him the day we met that all I ever wanted to be was his best friend. That I didn't want to be like all the other fans, and I just didn't want him to feel uncomfortable. So for now I'll just be his friend unless somehow things change.

"Avelyn you've been looking for something to watch for the past 20 minuets." Shawn said interrupting my thoughts.

I sighed, "Well it's not my fault there's nothing on and it's too cold outside to do much."

I set the remote down on my white coffee table after I turned my tv off. Shawn sat on the other couch and scrolled on his phone. I got up and grabbed my phone to see so many people requesting video ideas. That's when I just had an amazing plan.

I locked my phone and looked at Shawn. It took him a few seconds to notice that I was quiet. He then looked up from his phone and seen me as I smiled at him.

"Uh what's that smile for?" Shawn asked.

I got up and walked over towards the couch he was sitting at. I sat down across from him and smiled.