6. Fans

"Your fans are always a few steps ahead of you. Ask them."

•••

Shawn.

I was nudged out of my thoughts, I closed my phone to look at whoever did that. I looked and seen Matt he had a confused look before sitting down next to me.

"Hey what's wrong with you?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing I was just scrolling through twitter." I lied.

He chuckled, "Wow I didn't know twitter looked a lot like the website where they post the fans meet and greet pictures."

I sighed and looked down at my blacked out screen. I probably looked really weird to Matt. Or anyone if they walked by and seen me looking at the pictures. Though in reality only Brian would know why I was looking he was actually there.

"Okay I was looking at this fan's picture with me." I told him shyly.

He smiled, "Figured with your vague tweets yesterday."

"Hey I could've just been tweeting my lyrics, that's not vague." I defended.

Even though my tweets were in response to a fan. It's the reason I wrote it in the first place. But I hadn't found that fan since I wrote it though this fan wasn't the same one. Though this fan there was something different about her. And I didn't want to let her be another one to get away.

"Yeah sure, cause that's believable." Matt told me.

I gave him a confused look, "It is, I wrote that song two years ago."

"Yeah two years ago and ever since then you never tweeted about the song. Then out of nowhere you tweet about it a day after you met fans?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay so what if I did? It's not like there's anything I can do. Just like the title of the song I don't even know her name."

He nodded and looked at my phone then back at me. It looked as if a light bulb went off as he sat up right away.

"Wait don't your fans always know what you're going to release before you say anything?" He asked me.

I gave him a confused look but smiled, "Yeah I don't know how they do it. Why?"

"Well maybe if you ask them who met you last night you can find her." Matt told me.

I thought about it, it wasn't a bad idea but I feel like it would cause too much problems. I mean they would want to know why or because they're so smart they'll know it's because of my tweets. That and I don't want to give the others false hope that it's them.

"I don't know, it will cause a lot of problems. Especially if I find her." I told him sighing in defeat.

He rolled his eyes, "Shawn she's going to get hate no matter what. But I see your fans tweeting or commenting on Instagram. Most really want you to find a girlfriend, besides they might influence what you do but they don't control you."

He was right, I mean what was really holding me back? It was the fear of what my fans thought. Their opinion always means the world to me and I just feared for what they would think. Though no matter who I hung out with or was friends with, girl wise, was always hated.

But not all the fans were the ones doing the hating. And it certainly wasn't going to stop me from being friends with them. So why was it going to stop me now?

"The moment I tweet it many fans are going to be hopeful. It's going to be everywhere and this girl when I find her. She's not going to have any privacy." I told Matt.

He nodded and sighed, "So what? You're just going to let her get away? Be another fan that got away?"

I unlocked my phone and looked at the picture. There was just something about the way she talked to me. She didn't talk as if I was someone big, but a friend. That's what she wanted to be, best friends.

I got out of the browser and went onto twitter. I clicked on the tab to tweet and wrote what I wanted to say. But I hovered over the tweet button. Did I want to know her? Yes. Was I scared about what my fans thought? Yeah. But was she worth it? Yes. So I pressed it.

Shawn Mendes @ShawnMendes
Who met me at the meet and greet in New York?
7/17/17, 3:39 PM
🔁 2,739,793 ❤️374,282

I was then flooded with a bunch of mentions, retweets, and likes. I didn't really think this through, how on earth was I going to find her this way? I went through the replies and liked every fan that tweeted their meet and greet picture with me.

Though I didn't see her, I sighed and felt hopeless after thirty minutes of looking. I scrolled through my feed and tried to see if anyone I followed, like update accounts or accounts I always look at had posted something. Anything that could've helped me in finding this girl.

"Dude I'm not seeing her." I heard Brian say as he walked into the room.

I looked at him and gave him a confused look, "Seeing who?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes, "The last girl at the meet and greet in New York."

I was shocked how did he know, "How'd you know?" I asked.

He sat down next to me, "Oh come on Shawn those vague tweets yesterday? They were obviously towards her."

"Wait how come Brian knows what she looks like but I don't? I could help." Matt asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Because Brian was there during the meet and greet when you got food remember?" I asked.

"Matt just scroll in the meet and greet pics till you get to the last one from New York that's her." Brian informed him.

I got up and started to pace, "What if this goes nowhere? This was just a mistake. I mean now I'm just going to get flooded with mentions. I'm never going to find her." I complained.

"Come on Shawn, don't give up. She'll pop up just give it time." Matt told me as he scrolled through the meet and greet website.

"I should've asked for name when I met her. God what if that was the one chance she got to meet me and I won't see her again?" I asked.

"Don't fear Shawny boy, I think I just found your girl." I heard Brian say.

I gave him a confused look before walking towards him and looking at his screen.

Shawn Mendes @ShaawnMupdates
I know the YouTuber @avewinter
met you in New York
[media attached]
7/17/17, 4:20 PM
🔁 1,578  ❤️458

I clicked on the photo and sure enough it was her.

Authors Note//
Because I felt like updating this one hehe
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚