34. After Concert

"Let's get away from it all."

•••

Avelyn.

I loved being in the crowds of fans as they screamed and sang along to Treat You Better. The way some of them weren't on their phones but screaming the best they could. You could tell that since it was the last song of the night that some had already lost their voice.

The happiness painted on their faces as they sang so loud for Shawn. Knowing they were living their life to the fullest right now. Giving it all they got for the final song it gave me chills hearing how loud they were. How the whole arena knew who he was, I was speechless.

To know he went from that kid from vine who asked if anyone would ever go to a show if he had one. To now having thousands of people knew his name and came to his shows. It made me happy and sad. Happy to know I've been here to see him grow and knew how much potential he had back in 2014.

Sad to know that as time goes on it'll be harder for fans who have been there for so long to see him. Concert tickets will sell out quicker and it'll be harder for them to meet him. It hurt because so many people deserve it but I loved that he was living his dream.

The song came to an end as Shawn thanked Sydney. I seen some fans crying for it's over and others so incredibly happy. They all looked so stunning, it made me happy to see them enjoy this moment. To be completely in their element, where they could be themselves.

He got off the stage and I seen some fans take off probably to the merch line. Others stayed a little to wait for the massive lines to die down. I also seen some internet friends meet and it made me want to cry. I missed Jaime, I remember when we met for the first time.

It was like meeting a sister I never knew I had. She knew everything about me, things no one knew, not even my parents. She was my walking life diary, and I remember crying and shaking knowing she was in my arms. It's like that moment where you finally see your idol live.

Like you just can't comprehend that they're real. Like they are a living breathing person outside of a screen. It's weird to think like that because of course they're real, but to have only talked to them through a phone. It's crazy when you finally meet them.

"Hey Avelyn, Shawn's looking for you." I heard Tom say.

I looked over at him and smiled, "Okay tell him I'll be there in a second."

I then headed towards backstage, one of the security lead the way. Soon we got to the back and I seen the band and team already packing up. They sure do work fast it amazed me.

I was about to walk towards Shawn's little zen type room before I was spun around. I'm surprised I didn't get whip lash, I turned around to see Shawn. He was still wearing the same clothes and his hair was a wet because I'm sure he just wet it to get rid of the sweat.

"Hey I was just looking for you." I told him.

He smiled, "Crazy because I was looking for you."

He held my hands in his and looked like he was about to start running again. He looked so excited to go somewhere but where? And why was he looking for me?

"That is what I heard but why?" I asked.

"I have a surprise so keep up." He told me.