Five: Jealous Daniel

^^^Nothing to do with the story itself but I thought it was a beautiful thing to listen to

Ayva just nodded along to the birds tweeting, shuffling her feet along while doing it. Daniel just frowned at the rejection, grumpily following behind his favourite person.

Why did she give a bird more attention than him! He was obviously more important than a feathered creature she had literally met a couple of moments ago! Why was life so unfair to him sometimes...

Soon, they arrived outside a large door. Hanging next to the intricately designed door was a nameplate with the words 'Young Master Daniel' and next to those carefully drawn words was scribbled 'and the Young Miss'. 

When Ayva saw this, she smirked. They had stopped calling her 'Young Master Daniel's maid' now and were being slightly more respectful.

Too bad it wasn't enough.

After all, she planned to conquer this world like any good villainess would.

'Overlord of a Fantasy World', it had a nice ring to it if she does say so herself.

And it'd be a fun title to have!

Pushing the large and heavy doors wide open, both Ayva and Daniel immediately ran in to look around at the sparkling room. The chamber was certainly big, even comparing to all Ayva's ones back on Earth.

And by the way, if it compares, it means the room is massive.

^^^The room (but imagine it with a bit of furniture)

The whole time, Daniel was ignored by the feathered dinosaur. Instead, it would chirp angrily every time he tried getting close. It just followed Ayva around like a pet. Daniel frowned, why wasn't he good with dinosaurs? She didn't even care to study them tirelessly like him either...

So instead of continuously fretting over his great loss, he explored. Soon, he found a door that had the words 'Young Master Daniel' written on it. He soon concluded this would be where he would lay to rest each night.

He walked in, thinking about slamming the door behind him before deciding not to in case it alerted Ayva of his position.

But somehow she managed to find him—with relative ease at that—and bound into the room, her usual bouncy boisterous self. Ayva grinned at her bestie, snooping around the room before turning to him.

"Well my dear, it is dinner then bedtime. I will choose your clothes for tomorrow!"

Daniel sighed, just agreeing with the happy woman.

~~*~~

The next morning, Ayva leapt into his room.

She had changed out of the maid's clothes, instead opting for a white and red dress that looked very similar to the one Mary Poppins' wore in the movie Mary Poppins. She also had a white hat on, the ribbon holding it in place tied around her slender and pale neck. In her left hand, she held a frilly red and white umbrella.

Flapping its wings behind her was the Archaeopteryx that Daniel had fallen in love with! And in its jaws was a packaged item along with a wooden walking cane.

She let out a shrill whistle and the bird flew over to Daniel, dropping the messy package and wooden Victorian-styled cane beside him before going back to hover over Ayva's head.

She violently pointed her chin towards the dressing room.

"Go! Class starts in thirty minutes! We have all indoor classes today. No books needed, just hurry! And if you aren't out in the next minute, I will whip your puny arse."

Daniel nodded out of fright, scurrying off to change.

^^^That's what my two little babies outfits look like

When Daniel came out all changed and ready, Ayva grabbed him and started merrily bouncing out of their dorm and towards the main school buildings. People—including students, teachers and the occasional visitor—stared at the two along the way and some seemed to take notice of the feathered dinosaur flying above their heads—more like circling over Ayva's head.

Ayva just ignored their judgemental stares, dragging Daniel along to their first class while greeting any dinosaur she met on the way. There were even a few that started to follow her on the way.

But as always, Daniel was ignored by them and they only showed their affections to the great demoness Ayva. It wasn't fair! Daniel felt somewhat bitter at their utter distaste for him. He was the one that loved dinosaurs, not her! She didn't even care for them in their past life...

When a small dinosaur tried jumping onto her clean and spanking white dress, Ayva just scolded the creature and announced to all the others that they are not allowed to land or sit on her and much to Daniel's angry surprise, they obeyed like weak little children.

Weren't these fierce prehistoric creatures? Why did they listen to her like little puppies who were saved from starvation? And why did Ayva get this weird power while he was stuck with nothing but some good looks...

He pouted, almost about to complain to the happy woman bouncing around in front of him.

~~*~~

The day had passed and only a single class was left until the end of the day. This one Ayva seemed rather happy about or maybe it was just because she had gotten somewhat tired of the endless chatter she participated in throughout their first day.

Seriously, the woman did not stop talking! And if she wasn't talking to classmates and teachers she'd be playing with all the dinosaurs! Many had even complimented her on her natural care and affection for the animals! Not only that, she didn't even have enough time to pay as much attention to Daniel.

He was jealous. Very very jealous. And she didn't even notice a thing!

Once again, she grabbed his arm, looking at him for a second before jumping up to peck his cheek. Daniel looked down at his best friend, a look of joy in his golden eyes.

"Stop being so jelly! You know you're the only uke for me!" Ayva's words made Daniel cringe. Ignoring his reaction, she grabbed his arm and dragged him along.

The two best friends arrived outside a large door engraved with beautiful songbirds. Daniel looked in awe at the carvings.

"Now! Last class of the day! Music!" Then with a mighty shove, the door opened.

~~*~~

One of the first chapters I've posted recently. It's holidays but I wasn't writing a whole lot, whoops.