Six: Hey there Delilah

Ayva and Daniel looked around the room—quickly taking notice of the people inside the room. All were teenagers approximately their age.

While Ayva seemed content to go around talking to the others, Daniel scanned the room thoroughly. He saw that it was much more comfortable than most of the rooms in the Academy. The stunning room held exquisite furniture including plush chairs, sofas and benches. Covering one corner was a bookshelf filled with antique books and hanging from the ceiling and covering the walls were glittering, life-like songbirds and other musical creatures along with multicoloured and beautifully made music notes.

This really was a fantasy world at the end of the day...

Suddenly, Ayva rushed over to the wandering Daniel who had picked up a guitar. She shook him before pointing to a brown-haired girl standing by the harp next to the large white bay windows. The girl smiled shyly at Daniel and gave a little wave.

Momentarily, Daniel was shocked by this angelic-looking woman. Well, that was before Ayva shook him awake and out of his slight awe once again.

"HER NAME IS DELILAH, DANIEL! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!"

Daniel instantly nodded his head, moving to sit down on his chair

Daniel instantly nodded his head, moving to sit down on his chair. Soon, he started to play the guitar in his hands that had been there prior to their small conversation and during his little wandering session. The sound was then joined on by Ayva's melodic singing.

Hey there Delilah,
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Ayva smiled back at the brunette girl by the window. The girl just looked back at the duo in partial shock.

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me 
What you do to me

Hey there Delilah
I know times are getting hard
But just believe me, girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

Daniel smiled at Ayva as the two sung and played in perfect harmony as if they had done this a million times.

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me, you'd fall
We'd have it all

Oh it's what you do to me 

A thousand miles seems pretty far 
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah, I can promise you
That by the time we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
You be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do
You'll know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This one's for you

Oh it's what you do to me 
What you do to me

When the two were done with their little 'Hey There Delilah' duet, not one person spoke. Ayva and Daniel just looked at each other joyfully as they reminisced something from their past lives. After all, many of their happiest, funniest and memorable moments were spent as a pair of best friends.

A loud clap broke the sound. Spinning to face the door, all the students inside the room saw a handsome blonde-haired amethyst-eyed man enter. Ayva squinted her eyes at the long-haired handsome bishie before watching those purple eyes of his stay on her very single and virgin best friend.

 Ayva squinted her eyes at the long-haired handsome bishie before watching those purple eyes of his stay on her very single and virgin best friend

^^^Daniel's future boyfriend  \_(.^~~^.)_/

Ayva internally screamed.

He was so interested in little Danny!

Yes, she was definitely going to set these two up. Who cares what the little uke thinks, he doesn't have a choice in this matter anyway!

"Hello there Mr! Come, come, this is my dearest uk--I mean friend Daniel! Just so you know, he is currently single."

The guy's brows furrowed as he looked at the strange little woman next to his future wif--husband. His future husband. Cautiously, he approached the two people. When he spoke, Daniel swore his heart fluttered a bit.

"Thank you, miss. That was a very beautiful performance by the two of you, but if I may ask, what is a plane and a car?" Both Daniel and Ayva paled slightly. They had forgotten that the song was much more modern than this time and back then, cars and planes did not exist!

"Oh... It's just something we made up! Yep, that's all!" Daniel inwardly cursed. Why must you be so obvious Ayva?!

Ayva pushed the one gay male and other 'straight' one closer together before dashing off to converse with others and play with their dinosaurs.

~~*~~

Very short chapter but I needed to update at least one of my books on the last day of holidays. I was reading most of the two weeks and started two new books that haven't been published and probably won't be for a while. Good job me.