John i shant and i cant

libbiliboo   so this is for the beautiful comment and this is what you will get, any prompt of your choice and i will write it in return for a comment on the previous page, that is all! So here it is!! This is the song I was listening to and yeah!!

"No John"

"You haven't even heard what I have to say yet!" John insisted with a irritated hand gesture at Sherlock.

"I don't have to John, I deduced it and you clearly want me to join you on a double date with my brother and his—" Sherlock searched for the right word, his hands flapping about his head, "partner and then we have to what, act?" he said the word with distaste and a grimace that twisted his usual smooth features.

"It won't be that bad" John said softly and reached his thumb up to brush the crease from sherlocks brow which instantly melted away.

"John-" Sherlock began but John cut him off.

"Go get changed into something nice and be ready by seven thirty" John said gently as he pushed him towards his bedroom.

John went off upstairs to put on his suit that he saved for special occasions which was a black jacket and trousers with a white shirt and a pair of black leather oxfords that when polished thoroughly always came up a treat.

He combed his usual scruffy carefree hair back into a swoop across his head and gelled it down slightly to hold before heading down into the living room again where he began adjusting his tie more neatly in the mirror.

It was seven twenty nine when in the corner of johns eye as he still looked in the mirror that he saw Sherlocks bedroom door and light erupting from the room into the hallway as Sherlock stepped out slowly and closed it behind him. No they were not a couple but there had been something there, unknown of by both men, and Greg had decided that they should come over to the restaurant as the friends that they were just so they could all celebrate Greg and Mycroft's togetherness.

So naturally, John being the kind, fun loving guy that he was had agreed and had also promised to get Sherlock to join him somehow. It would be worth it because John liked a nice evening out among friends, Greg being a good friend who liked Sherlock and Sherlock being his best friend.

So now when Sherlock came out the room looking down at his shoes as he walked into the room, tailcoats of the tuxedo flying it was a surprise when John felt something in his chest throb at the sight and felt heat raise up his cheeks before willing it away with a forced swallow and turning to look up at Sherlock with a smile.

"You look—" John searched again for the right words, what could you call your friend without seeming as though you were currently finding them highly attractive as John was now. "-handsome" he finished finally and instantly questioning his word choice.

Sherlock looked up then and met johns eyes with his own unidentifiable ones and returned the smile that soon grew into a fully fledged grin.

"We best get going" John decided as Sherlock opened his mouth to speak and then snapped it shut again, the words trapped in his throat making it difficult to swallow let alone breathe.

John glanced out the window and considered whether he needed his coat before deciding against it, they'd catch a cab, they would be fine.