Under the cover of night

Unedited

Abi POV

I was awoken from my asleep by a tap against my window.

Sitting up in my bed I looked around the room to find the source of the noise and couldn't seem to see anything in the darkness.

Standing to my feet I edged over to the window and heard the taping again and pressed my face up against the window to see where the sound was coming from.

"Abigail" I strong male voice mumbled to me and I froze.

"Abigail please come to the door" it said softly it felt like the voice was standing beside me soothing me but I passed it off as my imagination climbing back into bed when the voice become much more demanding.

"Now" it boomed in my mind and I leaped back up to my feet and scampered to my front door.

I gasped as I realised my front door was open and the cold air caressed my skin softly.

"Come to me" the voice whisper ever so softly it was if I was in a trance I immediately done as I was told and followed the voice.

Stepping to the edge of the forest which was at the back of my house I froze my own mind taking control of my body.

Gasping at my surroundings and how dark it was I turned to run back to my house.

"Don't you dare move" the voice sounded from the trees.

"Who's there" I whispered in fear keeping my back to the voice.

A growl erupts from the darkness and I felt a soft like fur brush across my hand.

"Open your eyes" the voice demanded firmly and I did as I was told meeting only the darkness in front of me.

"Look at you so grown up and tall now last time I saw you this close Abigail you were only small and delivering goodies to your Grandmother. Such a sweet child you were all dressed in red but now you are a beautiful grown woman I couldn't resist getting this close to you again" the voice whispered darkly.

Suddenly I was thrown back in time thrown back into an old suppressed memory from my childhood.

I was skipping along the forest road to my grandmothers the first and only time I'd ever visited the small american town she lived it.

Stopping the pick some little white flowers at the side of the dusty road I saw them for the first time them big yellow eyes which glared at me from the darkness.

I fell backwards onto the road in shock my mouth opening to scream but nothing came out I was petrified.

Attempting to run I was stopped by the beast which jumped in front of my path growling at me.

Then I blacked out in terror and then next I knew I awoke in my grandmothers arms.

"You" I mumbled opening my eyes from my flashback.

"You followed me as I child" I whimpered.

"Yes I did" the voice had changed it was more softer a completely different voice from the first one as if it was a different person talk completely.

"I recall you referring to me as" he pressed his lips to my ear and mumbled "the big bad wolf" but this was no wolf talking to me not the thing I saw in the forest that day this was a person because I could feel his hand on my waist.

"I've waited for you to return for so long" he murmured gripping my hips tighter and my fear only heightened.

Flicking my head to the side I attempted to see who it was holding me to the spot but only got a glimpse of the moon enlightening a tattoo of what seemed to be a wolf on the shoulder of the stranger.

"You already know who I am little red no need to attempted to look at me in this darkness" the voice spoke harshly.

"Little red" I'd heard before but as much as I attempted to remember I just couldn't.

"I must go now but I will return every night for you" the voice was ruff again it had changed again and I felt the soft fur run past my fingers again and then the voice whispered once more. "Good bye"

Then I was left speechless on the forest floor the sun was rising as I ran home hiding under my covers attempting to remember the "little red" comment but I just couldn't it's as if my mind had blocked the memory so much I didn't understand so much I feared and my greatest fear was the thing was going to return for me agin tonight.

-------

What y'all think ????

Please tell me what you think ?

Clearly we all know who it is but Abi doesn't why do you think she can't remember ?

And why do you think the wolf wants her ?

Next chapter is In rivers POV if people want that ?

Comment and vote

Love y'all xxx