Little Red

Unedited

Abi POV

"I swear it I'm not lying something growled at me" I stuttered while my grandma placed a tray of cookies down in front of me.
"Hmmm Abi I don't think so maybe it was a bear now just eat up and stop worrying over silly things such as these" she warmly replied brushing what i had just said away as if it was nothing.
"You know before dad died he would tell me bedtime story's about the forest around your house Grandma he'd say they were home to a rare beast and going out after dark was a deadly sin"
I watched her face pale but then a small awkward giggle came from her.
"Oh the tale of the beasts in the forest yes I remember that one your fathers favourite If I'm not mistaken but it's just a story Abigail nothing to worry about The creatures this town so fear are not real." She mumbled and then busied herself in the kitchen.
"What creators" I asked
"Abi I don't know they aren't real nothing lives in these forests and that's the end of it okay" she raised her little soft voice.
I didn't answer just shrugged and sat by the window watching the raindrops roll down the glass.
"That's a lovely colour on you Abi it's a shame red is so frown upon in this town" she sighed.
"What do you mean ?" I asked confused to her statement.
"The colour nobody wears it here it's like a curse the colour red to the people of this town red is banished by most people"
I glanced at her with confusion but decided not to argue and just shrugged I wasn't given up my favourite hoodie for some stupid town tradition.
I was about to turn back around towards the window when I felt the feeling of being watched again.
The feeling grew stronger and I almost had a heart attack when I heard a knocking at the front door.

"I will get it Grandma" I called racing to the front door and unlocking the lock and to my shock stood a soaking wet River Black his hair no longer in it's perfect quiff but more shaggy and wild from the rain his eyes piercing and dark.
God he was even hotter like this and I didn't think that was possible.
"Hi" I mumbled my hand gripping the door Knob "can I help you"

"Hey" he purred his voice so deep and masculine It made me blush.
"I must speak with Madeline is she home ?" He questioned pushing the door slightly open so he could step out of the rain.
He walked in and straight past me as if he owned the place.
"Excuse me but you can't just walk in here without being invited" I stated trying to sound much stronger than I was.
"I don't think your grandmother will mind me being here" he purred and ran a hand through his wet hair.
I just gazed at him in amazement I sure did know how to embarrass myself didn't i.
Closing the front door I followed River into the front room and attempted to follow him into the kitchen where my grandma was but the door was slammed in my face.
Clearly I want allowed in on the gossip between my little old grandmother and the ultimate bad boy who ran my school.
"Yup I can so see them both being great friends" I mumbled to myself crossing my arms across my chest like a child.
Almost an hour passed a bloody hour ! until they were both done talking in hushed voices behind the closed kitchen door.
"Thankyou Mrs Grey" I heard River politely say to my Grandma as he open the door to the kitchen.
"Always a pleasure River" I heard her call back as River stepped into the living room where I was sat cross legged and scowling at him.
"Are you going to show me out or ?" I heard him mumble with a half hearted smirk.
"I'm sure you know your way you seem to know my grandmothers house better than I do" I grumbled.
"That is probably true but still I almost every time forget where the front door is can you show me ?" He asked innocently like a big kid which made me giggle slightly.
Standing to my feet I opened the front door for him.
"I'm River by the way but I'm sure you already knew that" he smirked down at me pulling his black hood he'd been wearing in class that day over his face the only visible part left of him were his glowing beautiful green eyes.
"Eh yeah.....well" I stuttered "I'm Abi it was nice meeting you"
His face grew serious as he whispered "I already know who you are Abigail Grey" his words made me take a step back and I felt the wall hit my shoulders.
"Red that's a bold colour don't you think ?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.
"I like it Abigail" he smirked and then stepped our of the house and back into the rain.
"I'll See you around Little Red" he shouted as he ran down the steps
"Little Red ?" I shouted back confused.
But he didn't reply all I saw was him run off into the forest back the way I had came but it was to dark to watch him the trees just swallowed up his figure.
Wow the infamous Bad Boy had given me nickname and I had a feeling I was going to be able to shake the Name off for along time.

-----/
Sooooo please answer my question helps a lot x

What do you think of River ?

What's the granny to do with all this ?

How does River know who Abi is and her full name ?

What did Abi see in the forest ?

Why is red so frowned upon ?

Comment and vote
Love y'all xxxx