Big yellow eyes

Unedited

Abi POV

I decided it was probably best not to ask my Grandma about why River Black turned up at her door yesterday night but god it was bothering me.
Why would my Gran have anything to do with some body from my school ?
This question was running through my mind as I sat in my history class listening to my teacher drag on about a topic I'd already studied before moving here.
I'd never been so relived to hear the lunch bell in all my life really it was a bless.
Grabbing my school back I walked down the stairs towards where I think Meg said the toilet blocks were.
I sound found them but they were located in the school basement.
"That's weird" I mumbled looking up at the lights which flickered in the large empty toilet blocks.
Rolling the sleeves of my beloved red hoodie up I began washing my hands.
Suddenly I heard a loud clatter and jumped backwards hitting the something hard and solid behind me.
I felt a breath on the back of my neck but was far to scared to turn around.
"You'd better keep out of them woods" the voice spoke gruffly almost like a growl.
I felt the strangers lips an inch from my ear "wouldn't want anything to happen to the long awaited arrival would we now"
What did that even mean what he'd just said "long awaited" ?
I but my lip suppressing a scream.
I could no longer feel the stranger directly behind me but I could sense he was still here with me and I was still frozen to the spot.
Glancing up at my pale reflection in the mirror to see who the intruder was i saw no human no man I expected to see.
All I saw was two big yellow eyes scowling at me from the flickering darkness of the toilet lights.
I let out a horrified whimper and closed my eyes praying that when I opened them again the Thing would be gone.
"Good bye Abigail" I heard then felt the presence no more.
It took a moment for myself to let my eyes flutter open and when they did the bathroom was filled with light no flickering nor darkness.
I bolted from the toilets and back up the stairs terrified the thing I'd encountered would return.
I heard the bell ring to my relief and watched as people filled the corridor. I'd never been so happy to be in a crowd that much in my life.
Quickly walking into my maths class and taking my seat at the back in the chair beside where River was supposed to sit I couldn't help but noticed he hadn't shown up for class.
For some reason this disappointed me I had to ask him how he knew my gran.
Resting my head in my hands I closed my eyes but all I could see in my mind were them big yellow intimidating eyes.

------
SOOOOOOOOOO ?
It's question time

What the hell happened In the toilets and on her second day poor Abi

Where's River ? Whys he not in class ?

Is the creature River or someone we haven't met yet?

What did the creature mean by "wouldn't want anything to happen to the long awaited arrival would we now" ?????

Love y'all
Share this story
Blood kisses update as well tonight
Comment and vote xxxx