Chapter 5: Toby

A/N Just a little cute chapter about Toby remembering the fun times he had with Sarah. ;)

Back at the Williams' home, Toby just sat, boredly, with not much of anything very fun to do now that Sarah was gone. He had his mother and father. Since he was the only little one in the family, they played with him and loved on him the most. Still, unlike some other children, Toby didn't like being the only child... because he had never been one before. He felt lonely and was missing his big sister.

Toby kept whining and sobbing the day that Sarah was leaving. It was hard on the Williams' family. But he remembered what Sarah said. He ran to his bedroom and gave Sarah's old bear, Lancelot a big hug and a little kiss. He tucked the bear into bed. Toby saw lots of other goodies and little toys that Sarah had left for him. There was the stuffed animal firey, Charlie Bear, Dear Old Flopsy, and her panda slippers, that would soon fit him when he was a little older.

The one thing that Sarah figured Toby wouldn't want was her music box with the little doll in the ball gown that played the song "As The World Falls Down." She figured it was too girly for him, so she put it somewhere else. All of the wonderful things that Sarah had left for Toby was the only thing Toby had as his memory of Sarah.

Toby also remembered Sarah's bravery and what she did that helped him in his life. She made him overcome his fears and be a "big boy." Toby had so much fun with Sarah when she was babysitting him. They mostly played games outside, like Leap Frog, Hopscotch, and ball. On rainy days, Sarah and Toby played games inside, like Hide and Seek, board games, and Tic Tac Toe. They loved playing fun games with each other.

Near the end of the day, Sarah would always put on Toby's favorite cartoons and they settled in till their parents got home.

When it was time for bed, Sarah read Toby all of his favorite books to him. Some nights, she would even tell him about the surprisingly true story about her adventure through the labyrinth. She told him about her little friends she made on the way there too. Toby loved hearing that story over and over. "Was it all real?" Toby asked in his little voice. "You would think it was a dream." Sarah began. "But... it WAS real. You were there too. You were just too young to remember." Sarah said, smiling at him. "WOW!" Toby exclaimed.

"Toby! Snack time! Then bed!" His mother called to him from the livingroom. "Okay momma!" Toby replied. He strugfled to put on his PJ's then finally got them on. Toby ran to eat, then brushed his teeth and went to bed. As he layed his little head on his pillow, he thought about Sarah's story and thought the labyrinth and the Castle Beyond The Goblin City sounded like a interesting place! He wondered if he could possibly visit it once again.

Just then, sleep took over Toby as his parents tucked him in and gave him a kiss on his little cheek.