Chapter Eighteen: Recovery

Previously On Far Away:
Penny and Dylan are officially together as Chloe and Jake near the end of their trip to London. Thomas is a lot happier now that he is free of Isabella and Chloe is enjoying spending her time with him. It is discovered that Isabella has been bullied and fell into a depression since Chloe arrived and things ended with Thomas and Jake has been trying to help her cope but when Chloe tried to talk to Isabella, things went downhill and ended with a suicide attempt.
And Thats What You Missed On Far Away.

Chloe

"Chloe? Wake up! CHLOE!" I hear someone shouting as if from a distance. I try and remember what happened, where I was, what I was doing. Wait-- where am I now? I quickly try and sit up but blood rushes to my brain.

"No, no honey don't do that." Says a different voice which I recognize as Penny's. I open my eyes to see that I'm back at home - Thomas's home that is. My head is in Thomas's lap and Penny is sitting at the edge of my bed with Dylan watching, leaning against the wall.

"Where's Isabella? She needs help right now!" I say, trying to sit up again but Thomas just lightly pushes me back down.

"She's um.. well we aren't a hundred percent sure how she is now.." He looks up at Penny as if asking for help.

"Please tell me she's not dead." I say, immense guilt and despair rising in my chest.

"Oh lord no." Penny says quickly. "Apparently those girls ran for help and they were able to get to her on time. She didn't cut deep enough and missed the artery. She's recovering in hospital. Your brother is with her I think."

"Why are you all here?" I say, feeling even more guilty knowing that they chose me over her while she is obviously in a worse state than I am.

"You hit your head pretty hard and have a mild concussion." Thomas says, a little restrained. "We wanted to make sure you would wake back up."

"Okay well here I am, awake. Now go to Isabella. Please." I say, looking at Dylan who has been studying me curiously the whole time.

"You're a good person, Chloe." He says. "It wasn't your fault."

"I-I know." I mumble but the words fail to even convince me.

"Dylan and I will go." Says Penny, standing up beside her boyfriend. "But Thomas should stay with you, in case anything does happen."

"I'm fine!" I say, my voice squeaking slightly.

Thomas laughs, "Like a Little Mouse." I glare at him. "Penny's right. I'll stay with you. My parents couldn't get of work so they won't be home for a couple hours."

I look up at his face. How is he still attractive from this angle? I swear no one looks good from this angle. Dammit that must mean I look like a freaking turtle-potato hybrid right now. Where was I? Right. "Fine."

The pair say their goodbyes and exit, leaving an awkward silence behind them.

"So," I say after a few moments. "How awful would it be if I started calling you Tommy?"

Thomas groans, "you wouldn't dare."

I bat my eyelashes like a little kid, "please Tommy! Please?"

He laughs, shaking his head "no."

"But you call me 'Little Mouse'!" I protest.

"Thats different!" He argues back.

"How so?"

"I dunno, it happened naturally and only I call you Little Mouse. Your nickname for me would have to be more unique."