Chapter Fourteen: Something Exciting

Previously On Far Away
Almost half the school showed up at the hospital for Dylan but soon everyone left except for his friends. Penny was completely shattered by what happened and it's discovered that she has feelings for Dylan. Thomas finds out that Dylan has a heart disorder and Chloe comforts him. Little Mouse returns and everything seems perfectly imperfect.
And That's What You Missed On Far Away

Chloe

Jason: hey
Me: hey Jason thank god you're here.
Jason: why what happened???
Me: you know my friend Dylan that I told you about? Well he's in the hospital with a heart condition.
Natalie: omg what? Noooo you said he was hot!
Jason: seriously Nat? A guy has a heart condition and you're only worried because he's hot?
Me: that basically summarizes the entire school. All these fake girls are like crying over him when they don't even know why he's in the hospital. It's pathetic.
Jason: girls.
Natalie: oh shut up Jason, if it were Hanna you'd be worse than those fake Barbies.
Jason: yeah but the difference is Hanna actually knows who I am.
Me: just because she borrowed one pencil from you doesn't mean she knows your life story. Besides, isn't she dating Tye?
Natalie: nah, the broke up a week after you left. Since then Jason's been all over her.
Me: typical. Anyways guys I gotta go. Jakes being a baby again. Love you!!

I turn off my phone and get up from my bed. "Jake I swear to god if it's another spider I'm not killing it!"

"Spider? Why would you need to kill a spider for me?" I hear Jake nervously laugh. I turn around to see him with his arms around two girls grinning. "Can I have 5 bucks?"

"No!" I shriek, throwing a pillow at him "get out!" He whispers to the two girls on his sides before stepping inside the room and closing the door behind him.

"What's with you?" Jake says, crossing the room to stand in front of me. He may be my younger brother, but he still towers over me in height.

"Why would you care." I roll my eyes and pick up the book Thomas gave me off my bedside table.

"I don't actually. Just wanted to see if you would still give me that money. Seeing as you're particularly moody, I'll just leave you. Bye little sis." I glare at him as he leaves, taking the two model-status British girls with him.

Truth is, I'm missing home. We're more than halfway through our visit here now and I can practically smell the maple syrup again. God, I miss that.

I feel so out of touch of my school. I wonder how many people have already forgotten about me. Is that what it's going to be like after high school? I'll just be some random face in the crowd?

The thought doesn't sit well with me. Maybe things will change when I get back and I can tell people all about London. Maybe.

I hear a knock on my door and I abandon the book, I wasn't taking any of it in anyways. Thomas stands on the other side of the door, eyes bright and wide with excitement.

"Dylan called," he says "he just got out of the hospital and wants to do something exciting."

"Exciting?" I say, a little nervous of what this thing might be.

"You'll see. C'mon!" He grabs my arm and pulls me downstairs.

"What about Jake?" I ask as we pass him on the front lawn.

"I think he has enough excitement on his own." Thomas grins, eyeing the two girls. I laugh.

----------------------------------------------