Chapter Seven: Horror Movies & Career Ideas

Previously On Far Away:
Thomas's mom took everyone sight seeing since Chloe and Jake have never been to London. On The London Eye, Chloe faced her fears and ended up enjoying the view from the top of the Ferris wheel. Later, Thomas's girlfriend, Isabella was introduced to the story and makes Chloe feel uneasy.
And that's what you missed on Far Away!

-----------------------------------------------

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" I ask Thomas, leaning against his doorway.

"I'm going out with Bella to the movies. Dylan's coming too. Why?" Thomas says, looking up from his phone.

"Oh no reason..." I trail off feeling a little disappointed.

"You wanna come?" Thomas says, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Uh? Oh um yeah. Sure. Why not?" I smile.

Thomas chuckles "Okay. Be ready for 5:00."

"Okay."

----------------------------------------------

We get to the movie theater where Dylan and Isabella were already waiting. When they saw us, Dylan smiled widely and Isabella ran over and embraced Thomas in a hug before saying, "took you long enough."

"Sorry love, I decided to invite Chloe along." Thomas says, gesturing towards me with a soft smile.

Isabella looks at me and her eyes widen, just noticing me now. "Oh." Was all she said.

"Shall we get our tickets?" I ask.

"Great idea Chloe!" Thomas exclaims and he walks off at a quick pace towards Dylan. Isabella and I exchange a look and I see something in her eyes. Is it hatred? Or loathing? I'm not really sure.

As we walk off to the boys I catch a piece of their conversation:

"But didn't Isabella tell you that she doesn't like Chloe. Why the heck would you bring her along?"

"Because she was lonely! What did you want me to do? It's not like I wanted-"

"So what movie are we watching?" I cut Thomas off before I start to cry right then and there.

"I was thinking 'Annabelle'" said Isabella with a smile. Thomas visibly stiffens and I shrink down a bit a take a step back in fear.

"C'mon Bella you know I'm not a fan of horror films." Says Thomas after regaining his usual stance.

"I know but I just really want to see it and I know that Dylan does too. Plus, I'll be with you the whole time." Isabella smiles at him. Thomas just shrugs and looks down at the floor.

-•-

In the theater I'm sitting between Dylan and Thomas. Which was great for me since I thought the boys would protect me from the scariness. Turns out, Thomas needs more protecting than I. When Thomas jumped for the 47th time, I knew it was time to release him of his terrors.

"Hey, Thomas. You wanna leave?" I whisper into his ear, feeling quite jittery myself. Thomas just nods, scared, and gets up slowly. We both push past an angry Isabella and out the theater where Thomas and I both visibly sigh in relief.

"Thanks, little mouse." Thomas says smiling down at me. "She always makes me watch those movies even though she knows I hate them!" Thomas spits out.

"Well that's not very considerate of her." I say, more to myself than to Thomas.

Thomas sighs again, "should we go home then?"

"I guess," I shrug. "Unless there's something else you want to do."

"There might be one thing," Thomas says with a cheeky grin.

"Lead the way," I say, making a motion with my hands pointing towards the rest of the mall.

-•-

We stopped outside a bookstore, my heart pounding. Books and TV shows are my weakness. But Thomas didn't know that. Did he?

"Come on little mouse, before it closes." Thomas says before walking into the bookstore. Unsure of what to do, I follow him inside.

Thomas leads me to the back of the small store where I know they YA section is. I may or may not have already come in this store two or six times. Thomas scans the shelf and picks out a book, brining it to the counter and checking it out. Making sure that I don't see it.

"Okay little mouse, we can go now." He says.

"Okay.... But what did you get?" I ask, way to curious to just leave it alone.

"You'll see soon enough. Now let's get home." He smiles.

-•-

"Now I know that I hate horror films but I absolutely love other kinds of films." Thomas says as we hit yet another red light.

"Really? What's your favorite movie?" I ask brightly.

"There's too many to choose from." Thomas says with a small laugh. "Anyways they just have me thinking about future careers and acting has always been so intriguing."

"Thomas Brodie-Sangster you do not want to be an actor!" I exclaim, hitting him playfully on the arm.

He chuckles, "but I do! When I was younger I was in all the school plays and people said that I was good I just never carried on with it y'know?"

"Wow. I can see it too. You would be a perfect actor. All the girls would be absolutely fawning over you!" I gasp then quickly cover my mouth with both my hands in horror. I did not just say that!

Thomas laughs "yeah well I wouldn't do it for the fame. I'd do it just for the acting." He pauses "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"When I grow up? We're not in kindergarten mr. Sangster!"

"Sorry. What do you want to do after school.... Little mouse?"

"Well, Sangster, I would love to be a screenplay writer or director and a part-time author." I say proudly.

"Little ambitious there aren't ya?"

"Oh shut up! You're the one who wants to become a big shot actor!"

"I never said big shot little mouse. Stop twisting my words!"

-•-

When we get home I go upstairs and wash up for bed. When I go to my room to sleep, there's a book on my bed with a note attached. I pick it up and see that it's the exact book I wanted 'The Kill Order' by James Dasher. I smile and read the note, which made me just smile even wider.

'For you, little mouse.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Asdfghsllajfheujwanjdoalnahhdbsjakk 1K reads!!!!!!!!!!

You guys make me so happy omg!!! Thank you so so so so much for reading this ahhhhh omg. Just for all of you I'll try to update on a weekly/every 2nd week basis. I know how hard it is to wait for something to be updated.

Also, while you're waiting for this to update, you could check out the fanfic that inspired me to write this called 'Finding A Fangirl' by DalekDeductions trust me, you won't regret it. That girl is a wizard with words who shows all us muggles how writing should be done.

Once again, thank you so much for 1K! I hope to see more reads in the future!

-ChloeXx