Chapter Nine: Blondies & Break-ups

Previously on Far Away:
Thomas, Chloe, Jake, Dylan, Isabella and others gathered in the gym for an annual scavenger hunt to win passes to the upcoming carnival. Thomas was the leader of the red team. Dylan, the yellow and Bella, the purple. Chloe and Jake were automatically on Thomas's team seeing as they're doing the exchange program with him. Everyone is now racing for the grand prize.
And that's what you missed on Far Away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright we are almost done!" I say to a chorus of cheers from the rest of the red team. "There's only three more thing to do!"

"Times almost up! So we better hurry!" Says Thomas.

"Next task: take a picture with as many red things as possible (one point per red object)" I smile, I don't know why Thomas was letting me be a sort of 'co-captain' to this 'team' but I can't say that I'm not enjoying it.

"Where the in the bloody hell are we going to find a bunch of red things?!?" Exclaims a muscular boy in a thick English accent. The group goes quiet as we all think.

"Strawberry field?" Suggests a short brunette at the back of the group.

"No, that's only one thing, mate. We need loads of different things but they all have to be red."

"A store maybe?" Suggests a nerdy looking guy with curly hair and square-rimmed glasses.

"Perfect!" I say "but which one?"

"There's this party store just a couple blocks away. I bet they have a bunch of red plates and napkins and balloons!" Says the brunette girl, determined to help.

"Good job, Lacey, lets go!" Says Thomas and the whole group runs to the cars and follow behind the car Thomas and I am in. We need to get there fast if we want to win. Which we do, obviously.

----------------------------------------------

We hit the fourth red light and the muscular boy in the back starts swearing which makes me a bit uncomfortable.

"Eh mate, quit it will ya?" Thomas says to the boy in a stern voice. Since Thomas is the popular boys best friend, he genuinely has a lot of control of people. Oh how he will be surprised when we get to my school back in Canada. The boy shuts up almost immediately and the light turns green again.

We park next to the party store and get out of the car, waiting for the rest of our team to join us. Once everyone is here we go into the store and Thomas explains to the 23 year old blondie behind the cash register that we need every single red thing there is in this store. The girl gives us permission to 'raid' the shelves and bring everything back to the counter.

"Alright everybody we gotta plot up. Two people per aisle. Try and grab every single red thing you can find and bring it back here." I say to the group as Thomas talks to the blonde.

"Who put you in charge?" Sneers the muscular boy. I really do hate him.

"I did." Thomas says from behind me and places a protective arm on my shoulder.

"Ew! Okay I'm going! Come on Miranda!" Jake says in disgust and pulls a blonde bimbo along with him to an aisle on the far right. That seems to be the queue and everyone else departs for separate aisles in pairs.

"Come on Chloe, we don't want to waist too much time." Thomas says and he leads me to a row directly in front of us.
This row is filled with paper plates, napkins, cups, cutlery and table cloths, all separated in sections based on colour.

We start to fill our arms with as many things as possible then rushing back to the front and dropping it off with the blonde girl. She smiles at Thomas and I glare at her before running back to the aisle and grabbing more stuff.