"Oh come on Jamie, don't be like that."

"It's Jamison!" He snapped but immediately held his hands up as he took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"My bad, my bad." I chuckled. "Jamison is just too fancy. It's like calling a Chihuahua Reginald. It just doesn't work. What about Jay? Are you cool with that?" I could tell I was poking at his last nerve now, and honestly though it was fun I wasn't trying to make living with him a complete hell. "Fine, Jamison it is. Lets continue our walk? I'll make sure to keep to myself now alright?"

I honestly didn't intend on calling him Jamison any other day but today. I figured basically pushing him down was enough trouble for today, and that I should probably lay off for a bit. I know my limits.

We didn't get much further down the path before Jamie- ahem, Jamison, needed to sit down. As soon as those park benches came into view, he nearly sprinted his way over to them.

"I'm not out of shape, I promise." He laughed as he plopped down on the nearest seat. "I'm just not much of a distance walker."

"That's fine; it's a beautiful day outside." I shrugged, taking my seat next to him. A few people who recognized me from god knows what stopped and waved, I knew they were stopping to see who I was with, but I gave them a disgruntled head nod that just sent them on their way. Let them think what they want about me and my new roommate. Their opinions matter less than their names to me.

"So you're pretty popular around her?" He asked, shifting his body towards me.

"I wouldn't say popular." I laughed. "That's a high school thing. I'm just known."

"What's the difference?" Normally I would have snapped back with something snarky, but I could tell he just really didn't know.

"Popular is like... When you're part of an elite group of people and everyone wants to be your friend, where as I'm just known from the shit I've done." I could see the wheels turning in Jamison's head. He was definitely trying to process something, but I thought I had made it pretty clear. "What?"

"So, are you going to have a bunch of parties in our dorm?"

"No!" I laughed. "Hell no. Last thing I need is for some crazy girl to know which dorm I'm staying in and try to stalk me back there again." I watched as a wave of relief swept over Jamison's face. "BUT," I interjected, making that frown pop right back up. "Just because we're not having parties in our dorm, doesn't mean you can get out of actually going to a party with me. I'm not letting you waste away your college days with your nose in a book."

"Isn't that what college is for?" He asked in all innocence. I swear it's like this kid has never watched TV.

"Yeah, but not when you're rooming with me." I chuckled. "Now come on, we've got a whole other side of the campus to explore." I briefly patted his leg as I stood up, and I could feel his entire body tense under my hand. I didn't know whether to be offended or worried, so I decided to just not be either. If it bothered him enough, he'd tell me.

The rest of the trip around campus was pretty quiet, some people actually did stop us to talk which was ridiculously annoying, but I played nice and kept my words short. Jamison didn't talk at all when people would stop us, unless asked a direct question. Which I found out is how he deals with most things. Getting him to talk was almost like prying teeth, but I guess in some ways that's better.

I would never have to worry about someone talking my ear off, nor would I have to worry about someone not listening to me when I spoke.

We got back to our dorm at around four that evening. Like I said, it was a big campus. I could tell Jamison was tired, but I was still all riled up.