I turned on the car and drove to the supermarket to buy some food for later. As I was walking down the aisles, my phone wouldn't stop vibrating.

"Hello?"

"Hyeri, do you know why the sky is blue?"

"No, Jungkook! Stop talking nonsense. I'm at the supermarket." I grabbed two bags of Lays from the shelf while Kookie continued talking.

"What? I thought you'll be going to Lizzy's place?"

"Yeah, in a minute. Bye!" I threw in my items and paid for them.

***

The door was unlocked so I let myself in and saw Kihyun already holding a bowl of chips and six bottles of soft drinks.

"You're just in time!" he greeted.

"What else can I do to help?" I took some of his load to ease him up.

"It's fine now. Thanks!" He fixated his eyes on mine.

We stayed that way for long. My heart was beating so loud, screaming his name. Without knowing it, I have fallen deep into his stare. He's a sea of danger, and I'm drenched in his sweet pain. He leaned closer, reaching out for a kiss. But my phone rang.

"Excuse me!" I answered and ran to Lizzy, who's in the kitchen, cleaning up the counter.

"Why were you running?" she asked, wiping the counter in circles.

"Yeah? What do you want now?" Lizzy was silently asking me who he was and I mouthed his name without a sound.

She gave me the OMG expression and asked me to give her my phone. No way, dude!

"What is your favorite number on the elevator?" he asked.

"I swear if you're going to ask me a senseless question once more, you're dead to me when I go home."

"Really? I thought you've been trying to do that months ago?"

"You are such a je.rk!"

"Jerk is my second name, babe." He chuckled over the line, while I'm gritting my teeth in anger.

"I love you," the words came out of his mouth.

It had no effect on me. He'd done this before, on our dinner with my mom, and I'm not falling for it. He hates me, why would he say he loves me? What kind of drama is he trying to pull?

"D.amn you," I replied and closed the line. Take that, as.shole. I turned off my cellphone to prevent him from calling again.

"Wow girl, what was that?" Lizzy asked.

"A typical conversation with my ex-boyfriend. Hey, why won't you join us in the living room?" I tried to change the topic of conversation.