i will wait a lifetimefor you to see the truth

for you to see the truth

. . .

I woke up at the sound of my alarm. The sunshine has entered the sides of my curtain as morning crawled in. I reached my phone and to my surprise, Lizzy left me 20 missed calls.

Worried what it might be, I called her as soon as I got in the bathroom.

"Lizzy, are you okay?" I heard a loud noise coming from her line. Like she's in a party or something, I couldn't figure out. "Are you on a party this early?"

"Bi.tch, nah! I'm in my apartment. It's my officemate's —hik! — birthday!"

"In your what?!! Are you drunk?!"

"Hik! No I'm n— hik! not drunk — hik!" She's clearly drunk. This early in the morning! Are you kidding me?!

"Lizzy! What the—"

"Hello?" a man's voice surprised me as I was talking to my bestfriend. I was bothered a little because she's drunk. With a man.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Hello, ah Lizzy calm down. Is this her bestfriend? You need to come over; Lizzy's out of her mind!" He dropped the call just like that. I need to come over. Why do I always have the habit of walking senselessly into her troubles?

I didn't even wash myself. I slid on a pair of pants and a hoodie, grabbed my keys and then out of my room.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook was having coffee and he noticed me limping my way out as I put on my boots.

"None of your business!" I closed the door after me and panicked my way out of the apartment. Who knows what could be happening right now? She might be drugged or worse, raped. What the fu.ck was she thinking?

I recklessly knocked her door as the booming sound of the speakers passed through the thick walls of her room. I felt a great amount of relief when she opened the door, but quickly passed out before she could greet me. I was sharp to let her fall into my arms and slowly laid her on the floor for I cannot carry her weight. Luckily, a man approached us and carried her horizontally into his arms.

"Don't worry. I got her."

"Thank you."