Chapter 7

LIZZIE'S POV

I groaned as I got out of the shower. My encounter with Joe had been embarrassing to say the least. My cheeks were still flushed and I willed them to return to their normal colour. He'd told me my singing was beautiful, pha yeah right. I couldn't sing and I definitely wouldn't be able to sing I front of anyone other than my family.

I scowled and towelled myself dry. I had only brought my underwear into the bathroom with me.

"Poop," I muttered as I realised Joe may still be here talking to Alex. I hurriedly put it on and then wrapped the towel around myself. I opened the door as quietly as I could manage and poked my head out.

Phew coast was clear. I breathed a sigh of relief and started walking to my room.

"See you Alex"

"Bye"

Crap. Joe was coming out of Alex's room and would most definitely see me. I sprinted to into my room but not before I heard chuckling as Joe said, "Bye Lizzie"

I slammed the door making sure he heard.

•••

It was now 1 o'clock and I had not been successful in finding a job at all. It was becoming tedious. I made myself lunch and grabbed my book off of the table. The sun was shining and it was fairly warm. I took advantage of the weather and ate outside, reading whilst doing so.

I laid back in the chair and closed my eyes hoping to tan in this rare British sunshine. I heard my phone ping and located it on the grass next to my feet. It was a text from Joe.

"Hey Liz, do you wanna come play rugby with me and the lads or just watch as it's such a nice day?"

"Sure thing, I'll be there in 15" I replied grinning.

What Joe didn't know was that I'd played rugby for my local team before we moved. The South London Warriors was our name and we'd won several tournaments and cups.

I went into my room thinking about what to wear. I changed into my black rugby shorts and pulled on a close fitting black vest top. I tied my hair up in a messy bun and looked in the mirror. Perfect, I thought. I pulled on my trainers and headed out into the garage.

I located my boot bag near the door but when I picked it up it was empty. Frowning, I shouted to Alex, who was outside enjoying the weather.

"Alex have you seen my boots?"

"No. Trying looking in the box on the shelf"

"Found them," I shouted, grabbing my boot bag and heading out the door.

I was whistling a tune when I reached Joe's front door. I reached my hand up to ring the bell but before I could the door opened revealing a grinning boy.

"Hello, you must be Lizzie. I'm Lewis," the boy said.

I smiled and nodded, "yep that's me, nice to meet you"

Another boy appeared behind him, "ah finally, LIZZIE'S HERE," he shouted into the house behind him, "Joe hasn't shut up about you since we arrived this morning," he said winking at me, causing me to blush.

"Oh," I replied nervously.

"I'm Jack by the way, nice to meet you," Jack said extending his hand. I took his hand and shook it.

Joe chose that moment to push past them both and engulf me in a hug.

"Lizzie!" He said after he'd let me go, "you're playing?!"

"Of course, why would I pass on a chance to play rugby?" I laughed gesturing to my boots.

"Shall we get going?" Lewis asked, "We are meeting the other two there"

We all nodded in agreement and climbed into Joe's car, me riding shotgun in the front.

A/N

Oooh she's going to play rugby with the boys ;)

Sorry this was a sort of filler chapter, I promise it's going to get more interesting!

Anyways THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! I love you all!

Vote? Comment? Follow? Share?

Don't forget to comment suggestions/improvements

Love you x