Eight: Must be from Victoria Secret

Start from the beginning

"I thought it might give them that little push. Cherubs aren't given a gun to just shoot random people; they find their soul mate and when they're in the same room..."

"...You give them a push..."

"-in the right direction, exactly. As cherubs, or agents of love, as Eros puts it, we feel the pull between two people; and if it's the right match... we shoot. Some agents do get it wrong sometimes though-and someone eventually has to fix it sooner or later..."

"Then what does that make us?"

Us. I shudder at the word. "Guess that's why I'm here to fix things. With you and someone else I mean."

I don't know where I got it from, but it's said that it takes an average of four seconds for silence to be awkward, and we were already going more than that-and counting.

I clear my throat loader that I should, and I'm surprised to see that I'm somehow in the same pace as Jaxon. "Okay so my turn." I feel my pace slowing as I think of what to ask him and when I thought of one, I realize that somewhere in my train of thought, I stopped running and so did Jaxon who was a few steps ahead, staring at me. And by the look on his face, I can tell he couldn't quite read me. For once. "You didn't want a soul mate then, why want one now?"

Jaxon drops both his shoulders and his smile at my question and looks away to start running again. Once I catch up to him, he answers. "It's not me, it's my dad. Apparently since I'm not interested in taking over, he hopes my son will be." Oh. That's why...

"So I guess I should be looking for someone willing to pop out babies for you?" I giggle. Jaxon glares at me, but I can see he's trying to hold back the smile making its way back to his face. For the joke, or for the fact I went out of character and giggled-I don't know, might be because of both. "but King Jaxon of the Underworld does have a ring to it don't you think?" I tease.

He tosses an even more menacing glare over his shoulder and onto me. "Hades still fits the bill better. Hades King of the Underworld. See? has a better ring to it,"

I narrow my eyes at him and shoot him a smirk. I secretly cringe at the thought of his father though. "So what do I get from this Tete-a-tete?"

"Tete-a-tete?" Jaxon snickers, "That was so brit of you, Ms. Casely. Since when have you been so posh? that's soo out of character"

I smile. Well at least he's in a good mood again.

"1800's; around the time when I was stationed abroad and had go to Dublin"

"And since when were you into travelling?"

"I didn't say I was into it, I just agreed to get away from Eros for a while. Sure I still have to work, but I just wanted to get some space away from him for a while you know? Besides, other than going to school every other decade, it's my only way to get out more."

"So you've been going to high school these days?"

"Every other decade. Can't get have too much attention if I graduate one year and go back to being a freshman the next."

"Why not just go to a different school then? I mean... if you want to get out that much--"

"Still too risky. There's only so many schools in New York. Besides, it gets boring. I only go to pass the time and--"

"Get away from Eros, I know... if you hate living under his roof so much, why don't you live with a friend or something...? Or better yet, why not stay with your Grandma at Olympus? I heard she's really nice."

I scoff at his last comment. "Well you've heard wrong. Grandma Aphrodite's the most narcissistic and conceited deity I've ever met."

"Really? She's that bad?"

I shake my head. "It's not like I know anyone e--Oh shit."

I stop dead in my tracks at the sight of a brunnette with the largest haul of shopping bags in her arms. My surprise somehow made Jaxon stop a few steps ahead of me, following my sight to the girl in mention. Out of all the other people in this damn park, she notices me and skips over our way.

"Sissy! Oh god, I'd recognize that mess of red hair anywhere!" she engulfs me in a hug and her bags burry me in a flash of bright colors and tons of pink. Must be from Victoria Secret. Hhmmm if I didn't know any better, I'd say lingerie. Typical.

I gave and exasperated sigh and an awkward pat over at my assaulter's shoulder. "Hi Hedone."

It didn't take long before she let loose her death grip on me and divert her gaze on Jaxon. "Who's the hunk?" she asks, a lame attempt to hide that she wasn't interested.

"So...? Aren't you going to introduce me sis?"