{1} Run and Escape

The wind flew into my hair. What a day. It's actually very hard to be a Genin. And we're already training for Chūnin Exams, that is next year. Today was the first day at school after we graduated. People said I looked so cool with my headband and I felt so special. Shikadai decided that he was going to wear the headband on his shoulder, just how his father did. Only because they want to show their hairline. Actually, it's much better like that, because I don't think it will fit him. Shikadai plus headband on his head is not good. Totally not good. And now we were walking home together.

"And, and that's how it ended! Amazing, right?," I asked. "No," Shikadai said sarcasticly and we laughed. "Just kidding, it's awesome," Shikadai said and winked. I winked back. Shikadai winked again and I did the same. "And why are you holding a winking contest?," Iwabe asked. "We have nothing to do," I said. "You two really have nothing to do," Mitsuki said when he noticed that we were winking again. "Nope," I said. "But hey, Mitsuki. Can I play with your snakes?". "Oh, I can't let you do that. I don't want that you get sick again," Mistuki said. I sighed. "I won't get sick this time. My immune system knows all the bad stuff and... all that... stuff...," I said and let out a sigh. Again. "I don't trust it. What if it happens again?," Mitsuki asked. "It'll be my fault again". "Okay, okay," I said. That's sad. When he's sleeping I'll take it from him. But he never sleeps... nevermind.

"Well, hello there, lads!," I shouted when I entered home. No answer. "Hello? Hima? Mom? Dad? Old man?," I tried again. "Is anyone home?". No answer. "Okay, you can get in," I said and slowly walked to the light switch. I turned the light on and shouted. "DAD! I thought nobody was home!," I said. "You never answered". "This is what you get if you call me an old man," dad said and patted me on the head. "You could just ask if they could come over. Head to your room". "Yes!," we said and ran upstairs.  

"So, what are we going to do now?," I asked and looked around. "Where's Mitsuki, by the way?," Inojin asked. "He's probably talking with my father. So boring," I said. "Why do you think your father is boring?," Inojin asked. "Because he's Hokage," I answered. "Wow. What an answer," Shikadai said and patted me on the head. "It is true!," I said and the door suddenly opened.

"Hi, Mits-... -uki...," I said. His face was full with tears and his cheeks were red. "Mitsuki, what happened?". I placed my hands on his shoulders. Mitsuki was quiet and shrugged his shoulders. "You don't want to talk about it?," I asked and Mitsuki nodded. I hugged him. The others tried to comfort him too. "I hope everything will be okay...," I said softly. "Yeah. Thank you, guys," Mitsuki said and dried his tears. He smiled and he became even more red. "Thank you for caring for me". "That is what friends do, right?," I said. Dad already left the room. "Yes! Like at the Exams. You saved Boruto from falling," Shikadai said. "That's right. Friends help each other in difficult times," Inojin said. Mitsuki started to laugh and we did the same. "We... are friends!," Mitsuki said. "Best friends!," I said. We high-fived.

I packed my bag and some other stuff. We're gonna have a sleepover at Inojin's. With 'we're' I mean Shikadai, Sarada, Denki, Iwabe, Mitsuki, Sumire, ChoCho and I. But nobody knows my plan.

"I'm done," I said and put the bag on my shoulder. "Good luck, honey. We're picking you up at the end of the week," mom said and placed a kiss on my cheek. "Yes, mom," I said. My heart was racing. "I'll see you later, then!". I walked a while and went past the corner. I started running.

Run...

Run...

Run...

Run!!

Running is all that I can do... I'm escaping from Hidden Leaf. Yes, you heard that! I'm old enough to take care of myself! My parents don't give a damn about me. Well, they do, but dad is being a stupid Hokage and mom is always busy with my little sister. I need that attention too! But now it's too late. It's too late, I'm never coming back.

Running through the forest gives me a nice feeling. Leaves, trees, birds. I stopped and looked at some flowers at a lake with all kinds of colors. How beautiful. The sound of the water flowing is so relaxing. Suddenly there was a person standing behind me. "What are you doing here?".

Dad...

"You needed to go at Inojin's. What kind of sorcery is this, Boruto?," dad asked and slowly placed a kunai at my throat. "Dad, no! Don't kill me!," I shouted. "What? Do you really think I'm gonna kill my own son? Now dry your tears and tell me why you're here," dad said. I did what he said and started talking. "You don't give a damn about me, that's why I'm leaving!". Tears were rolling down my face again. "You are always away from home with the stupid Hokage stuff and mom doesn't give me attention, all that attention goes to Hima and I'm tired of it, dad". "Boruto, don't say that. I'm trying to make Hidden Leaf a better place, you know that. But that doesn't mean I don't want to take care of you. I really want to, but I can't because I'm too busy with being Hokage. I'm sorry, Boruto," dad said. I looked at the ground without saying a word. "Boruto, say something...". "I... I don't know what to say... I'm speechless," I said. "Can I go to Inojin's now? I'm sorry for making you worry". "It's okay," dad said and stroked my hair. "Do I need to bring you, or are you going alone?," he asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "If you want to you can bring me," I said. I blushed and smiled.