"Since you couldn't have any..." My voice trails off. I know that she said I could ask her about anything, but my manners have been thrown out the window. How rude of me...
Plus, she doesn't know that I know this stuff about her.

She nods, but smiles. "Yes, but I don't need any. I have just as fun with Emerald. I've raised her as if she was my own since we are both in this predicament of serving the Royals for the rest of our lives," she takes my hand, "I'll be your mother, if you'd like."

I was a bit confused, "Um... excuse me?"

She laughs lightly, "While your here, if you'd like, I'll be your motherly figure. I'll be here to support you and guide you through this adventure of a Royal. I'll be like a mum. Most gals need some sort of female in their life that is older than them; that can be their motherly figure in their life. I thought I'd offer because at this desperate time, you seem like you need it, Arizona..."

I shrug, "Sure, I guess... but I don't really know what mothers do."

"Well, as it seems you know my past, I also know yours. I know you have never had a mum and never had a 'motherly figure' either. Basically, mums are supposed to be the woman that is always there for you. They help you through your problems growing up. They give you advice, and they give you a shoulder to cry on. To be honest, it's hard to describe truly what a mother is... but a mum is your biggest supporter in life."

"Yea... you're right... I do need a 'motherly figure' then. I need a big supporter..." I continue, "Bethany, what am I supposed to do? I don't want to marry Charles, and I definitely don't want to be a Royal. I want my old life back..."

She sighs and plays with my hair, "I know... and you just got to stay positive, that's all you can do when you're in a dark hole. Sometimes, somebody will come and save you from that dark hole and sometimes, you have to dig yourself out. You cannot spend the rest of your life mourning... I've learned that. That's what Tyler taught me."

"Was that your husband's name?"

"Yes, Tyler Ryan Pepin, to be exact."

I notice that less tears are slipping from my eyes; she is distracting me.

"Here, I'll be back in jiffy. I'll go get us some hot chocolate," she says as she wipes a tear away from my cheek. She scurries out of the bathroom and I hear her yell, "Oh!"

"Bethany?" I say as I get up, "Are you alright?"

I go to the doorway and peek around the corner to find Charlie helping Bethany, who is sprawled across the floor.

"Bethany!" I help her to her feet and look at Charlie, "What happened?"

Bethany adjusts her blouse and dusts her long skirt off, "He tackled me."

Charlie shakes his head and laughs, "I was checking on you, Ari, and I ran into Bethany..."

"Charles, would you like some hot chocolate, too?" Bethany asks.

Charlie nods, "Yes, please."

"Okay," Bethany walks towards the door, but as she opens the door, she peeks her head around the corner-making sure nobody was going to run into her. I can't help but laugh a little, but it wasn't a real laugh. It was one of those dry laughs that don't really mean anything.

Charlie turns back to me, concerned, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, Charlie, I'm fine... nothing has really happened in the last four days that will really change my life forever, so I'm good! I've just been taken away from my home and the people that are closest to me and I'm told I'm engaged to the Prince of England. Soon, when I am married to him, I will be contributing to help run a country! No biggie!" I growl.

He frowns, "Sorry, but ya know, I don't have a say in this whole thing either. I'm in your position, too."

Emotions begin to stir inside me. He doesn't know what I'm going through. I won't be able to see Jasper ever again and I can barely see my own brother! He can see his family! I have been pulled from my old life while this is all he's ever known! That adds a lot of pressure on me, and he doesn't understand.

"No," I say rather harshly, "you don't understand, and I wouldn't have expected you to understand."

"Ari, I do understand!"

"No, you don't! You have everything here: family, friends, et cetera! I have that taken away, Mister Prince Charming!" The volume of my voice increases over time, "You will never understand my pain. You will never understand what it's like to be in my position, so don't try to comfort me with all that junk..."

He just stares at me, and he doesn't speak a word. His eyebrows tangle together and his body tightens, but his eyes express sadness and pity. He tries to make himself look mad at me, but his eyes show something different.

I feel guilty because he was trying to remind me that he doesn't want this either and that he is here for me like Bethany. I feel selfish for only thinking of myself at this time. But I don't apologize. I stare back at him, coldly.

"Well, I was going to talk with you about all of this, but I guess that can wait..." he says as he walks out the door and Bethany passes him with a tray of some hot chocolate.

"Wait, Charles! What about your hot chocolate?" She yells to him.

I hear him yell back, "I don't want it anymore!"

She looks at me, "Well, what was that about?"

"Nothing..."

She just sets the tray of hot chocolate on the table and hands me a cup.

"Tell me all about it." She says.

I sigh, "I don't know... it's my fault... I just need to recover from all this..."