daisies

"ungjae, wait!"

ungjae's hand was bound about taeho's weak arms as he raced the two of them through the school hallways as quietly as he could, the squeaking of their shoes against the floor echoing loudly.

ungjae runs faster.

"oh my god, what are you doing?!" taeho whispered as they reached the end of the hall and ungjae picked the lock with a pin from his pocket, opening the large windowed doors loudly and bolting the two of us towards the front gates.

"we're gonna get caught, you ass-"

"shh."

they stopped running as soon as they got out of the school's perimeter, taeho panting and  wheezing as he tried to catch up.

"i can't believe you- we snuck out of school like that."

"really? we do this all the time, don't we?" ungjae was smiling brightly but taeho couldn't smile.

"no, no we don't! not out of school grounds!"

"stop being so prissy, taeho. we're not killing a man."

taeho finally catches up to ungjae, walking next to him and swallowing harshly before talking quietly.

"you're not smoking weed, are you?"

ungjae stops dead in his tracks and stares at taeho. then, to taeho's surprise, he lets out the biggest snort-laugh of his life.

"you really think i would smoke weed?"

"i-i mean-"

"c'mon," ungjae rolls his eyes and grabs taeho's wrist, pulling him forward like a bossy boots.

they stop at the end of the pathway and ungjae wraps his fingers around tae's hand.

"what-"

"hold my hand, please. we're crossing the road." he states very firmly, gripping tae's hand like he was about to die. then they walk forward, hand in hand.

"this isn't gay at all." taeho tries to remind, but ungjae yanks taeho's arm and pushes him in front of him a bit, holding his shoulder.

"shut the fuck up."

they finally reach their, or more so, ungjae's destination of bush, weed and flies.

"this is it? we're in the middle of nowhere?"

"no, silly. there's a secret pathway. we've gotta go through it."

"uh, no! i have grass allergies, do you want me to die?!" 

"it'll be quick, i promise. just follow my lead and hold my hand, okay?" ungjae reassures, grabbing tae's hand for the 15th time that day, walking them through the thick and spiky bush.

"ugh! i can feel my skin peeling off already!" taeho exaggerates, in which ungjae speeds up the process and drags him through the weeds and branches quicker. taeho nearly trips at one point, but they make it out safe.

it isn't until taeho is finished wiping off his dirtied jeans and sweaty face that he looks up to see the beautiful view before him, a cleared meadow filled with daisies.

"oh, wow!" taeho stares up in awe, and ungjae drinks in his reaction.

"right?" he smiles.

they walk forward, taeho leaning over and picking a few daisies off the ground, destroying them with his tiny fingers. ungjae laughs at his carelessness.

at the end of the field is a small hill, perfect for rolling around on. taeho makes a run for it and sprints to the top, dropping on his knees in defeat. ungjae follows closely behind.