Chapter 8

Unknown's P.O.V

      "It's finally time." I write in my journal, brushing back a chunk of my light blond hair, and tucking it behind my ear as I set the quill I was using on the desk beside the leather covered book. I've hated my position my entire time here, but I must withstand one more day of this, then I can escape to fulfill Brother Cicero's prophecy. Well, he's not really my brother, but was like one to me, we grew up here alone, under control of Master. We were left here for a mission, over twenty years ago Cicero added a prophecy to his book 'Believed to be Fiction.' And he left this hell hole to deliver these books to whom they were assigned, but Master found out, and punished him through torture and death.

"ANGEL!" Master calls for me from his throne room. Just by my name, I bet you're able to guess what my role is solely based on my name. I am the angel from the prophecy, that is why I work for Master, to hide my true identity. Master doesn't know about the prophecy.

      All he's planning right now is something for his own entertainment, and I'm not even allowed to know what he's doing as of now.

I sigh silently as I push the heavy door open enough for me to squeeze in.

      "Y-yes Master?" I ask as I bow before him. Master smirks at me with his glowing, soulless, white eyes.

      "You have done wonderfully thus far my loyal servant. I believe it is time for your payment for your services." He grins rising from his throne and looking down upon me. I remain silent, in fear of blowing this opportunity, also Master just enjoys the taste of fear of others. I'm not really scared of him because I know his reign down here will end soon.

     "I believe there is someone that you admire highly on the surface, am I correct?" No, why are you bringing my crush into this... But I nod anyways. "Good, because I'll be sending you to watch over him while I have my fun. You may take one item with you."

      "Th-thank y-you Master."

"Now go! You have five minutes."

      I nod and eagerly run off to my chambers, then sit at my desk, believing I have time for one more entry since I know I won't get the chance to do it again for a while.

"I can't believe Master is having me watch over Preston of all people! Actually I should. Probably just part of his game, which just scares me even more as to what Master has planned." And that's all I'm able to write as my room begins to pixelate, signaling the teleportation. One by one each cubic pixel is deleted, leaving me in an empty black void with my journal clutched closely to my chest.

I become a wandering collection of glowing spectrum, forcibly floating towards a white light that appears. The glow becomes brighter as I travel closer to it. I reach out to touch the glow, to end this painful teleportation. I'm involved by light then everything is dark. Not because of passing out.

      Because I've been teleported into a nighttime alley within the streets of Houston Texas. Mostly to keep people of Earth from questioning my sudden appearance. I have been given a small satchel, inside is a small collection of palm sized pearls that can teleport you anywhere according to Master. I'd love to use them at will to see the beauty that is the surface, but they are one time use only so they are only for emergencies.

The surface is even more beautiful than I imagined, so my lights and colors and the air is so clean and pleasant. The sky looks like it could go on forever with the pale light of moon casting a shadow of mystery on the cement sidewalk that makes a faint tap every time I step.

Staring at the star-lit sky, I wander the empty and silently streets until my gaze lands on an average sized home with twinkling lights dancing in one window.

"This must be the place." I mutter to myself, standing at the street-side end of the walkway to the door. A bright orange spark suddenly shot out of the window and heads West at the same time a green spark comes in from the east and dives into the window the orange spark leapt from.

"Master's work is done." I mutter to myself as I walk away into the night, finally getting the chance to spread my wings.

Hey guys! I've missed you, I've missed this, and I'm so sorry this took so long! But it's done! Short, but done! Finally dat_one_angel as promised your oc is in the book. For those who don't know, I made a promise to them that I would include their oc in this book in exchange for not killing someone a bit over a year ago. Sadly the next chapter is not next on my to do list and is instead the next chapter of Animals. If you want to read something of mine that's frequently updated then I'd suggest you check out my newest book called Living Scales in the meantime. Until next time; See you later my cookie squad!

-Bye🍪