Metis

Name: Metis

Species: Goddess

Goddess of: Wisdom, Prudence, and Deep Thought.

Powers: She is an Oceanid, which is a type of sea nymph. Nymphs "are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature." Basically, she, has control over water. She also is quite intelligent, hence her "goddess of" status. She is, actually, not completely immortal. "Although they would never die of old age nor illness, and could give birth to fully immortal children if mated to a god, they themselves were not necessarily immortal, and could be beholden to death in various forms."

Appearance:

Personality: Metis is a calm, cool, and collected girl

Personality: Metis is a calm, cool, and collected girl. She always holds things with class and almost never has a worried air about her. She is very intelligent and wise. She takes things as a challenge to overcome and is strong willed. She is gentle, yet powerful; potentially dangerous, but wouldn't try and hurt anyone as long as they didn't "ask for it." She is good at prying for answers and is a great judge of character. She can be a bit subservient on occasion, as long as her superior is just and right. She is cunning and can be deceiving at times. She is a bit of a trickster.

Likes: A mental, or even physical, challenge. She loves books, singing,  dancing, and all things "deep."

Dislikes: A simple-minded person. She likes the complexity of human thought and emotion instead. She doesn't like serving another, though she will if she deems him just and righteous.

Strengths: Anything that involves mind and water.

Weaknesses: Not completely immortal. She doesn't like fire as much.

Other: Metis was one of the Titans, a daughter of Oceanus and Tethys; therefore, she was considered an Oceanid. She was the first wife of Zeus, and became the goddess of wisdom, prudence and deep thought.

According to a prophecy, Metis would bear two children, the first being Athena, while the second one, a son, would be so powerful that would overthrow Zeus. Zeus, afraid of this, tricked Metis into turning herself into a fly, and swallowed her. However, Metis was already pregnant to Athena, and, inside Zeus' stomach, she started creating a helmet for her daughter. Zeus was in such pain (from the hammer she used to create the hammer with) that he asked Hephaestus to hit his head with an axe; as soon as his head was opened, Athena jumped out fully grown and clad in armour. It is often said that Athena had no mother and she was born out of Zeus alone; this doesn't necessarily conflict with this account, as the ancient Greeks believed that children were descendants of the fathers, while mothers did not contribute to the creation of their children.

(I don't really know how much of this we should use, considering she's competing for another's hand in marriage... Maybe it's after all this has happened? Or before?)