"What we making?"Amaru asked.

"Mind your business. You'll see when it's in front of you."she scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Ooh let me get some wine."

She turned her basket down the alcohol aisle and grabbed two bottles of wine white and red.

"You're so rude to me." Amaru sucked his teeth and laughed. Damita ignored him and continued the check out line.

Amaru took the items out of the basket and put them on the line while Damita looked in her phone. "You always on that phone. What you looking at?" Amaru asked. "I'm playing a game."She replied.

"How are you today ma'am?"The young cashier asked. "I'm fine, and you?"Damita asked, finally looking up from her phone.

"I'm great." She smiled and continued to scan her items. "That'll be $77.86. How will you paying today. Cash, Card or Check."

"Card."Damita replied sweetly. She grabbed her wallet out of her purse and slid her card into the machine. She then took it out and put her wallet back in her purse. Amaru grabbed all the bags that he could carry and Damita grabbed the rest.

"Could you drive?"Damita asked,giving him eyes that she knew would make him say yes. "Why? So you can keep playing on that game." Amaru laughed.

"No baby. I'm tired and I want to go back to bed." She sighed.

"What you so sleepy for? You ain't did shit." Amaru chuckled and grabbed the keys from her hand.

"I am about to go home and cook dinner for you and your children. You could drive home."Damita rolled her eyes and walked over to the passenger seat.

Amaru shook his head at how quick she had gotten an attitude, but drove home like she asked.

They took the groceries in the house and Damita pulled everything she needed out to get dinner started.

"If you're not helping, get out my kitchen because you're going to get on my nerves."Damita complained.

"Why you been so rude to me today? You woke up wanting to touch on my skin now you want to fight. Crazy ass."Amaru laughed.

"Nooo I don't want to fight. It's just that I want to finish this quickly so that I can take a nap and you're going to distract me." Damita cooed, grabbing his face. "You're going to be all cute and kiss on me. Then I'll kiss you back and next thing you know we're going to be upstairs and everybody will be hungry. So please go watch tv or something and when I'm done I will come lay with you."She added, kissing him softly on the lips. Amaru nodded his head went into the living room.

"What's up Dad."Amaru asked walking into the house with Amari and Aaliyah trailing behind.

"Hey. How was practice?"Amaru asked.

"It was good. Where my momma?" He asked, sliding his backpack off of his back.

"She in the kitchen. She told me to leave her alone."He chuckled. "Before you go in though, I need your help. Ion know how to work the TV."

"Let me help you out old man."Amaru laugh and grabbed the remote. "What you wanna watch?"

"Ion even know. Just put on anything."Amaru laughed.

"You wanna get beat in some 2K instead?"Amaru jr. Replied with a laugh. The girls went into the kitchen to help their mom, ignoring what they had going on.

"Fuck 2K, let's go outside. Let me whup yo ass on the court."He laughed.

"Bet. I'm still in my practice clothes. Ain't no problem. Let me go get the ball. The hoop in the garage."Amaru jr replied, running upstairs to get the ball while his dad put on his shoes.