I wear big black sunglasses most of the time—my eyes draw a lot of attention. They are a kind of blue that makes people stare at me for a while, which makes me uncomfortable. They also have a habit of changing color, so there's that too.

I am an imposing figure to say the least, considering I am six foot one, wear heavy black iron-tipped shoes or black heels, black lipstick, shorts that come to about mid thigh, and my favorite T-shirt that says I AM SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS.

Suddenly there was a loud BANG in the van. Startled, I pushed off of it and walked around to look inside the open doors.

Inside, Maureen was fuming, glaring at Evita and Mimi, who were hidden behind the pillows they held in front of their faces.

Maureen is a tiny seventeen year old-barely five foot one inch, with knee length, straight black hair usually swept back into a pony tail. She is of Asian descent and our tech expert/tracker.

She only lets Selina call her Short Stuff, works with two spiked salted-iron knuckledusters that she has used to punch more than one ghost in the face, and has a boatload of dark humor and self-deprecating jokes she is happy to share.

She's wearing rumpled sweatpants and a hoodie, now, her hair a mess. She is also a really late sleeper, and probably addicted to caffeine.

Evita is six feet of Broadway nerd. She has blondish-brown hair she only pulls into a ponytail when on a job, light skin, and hazel eyes. She wears cutoff jean shorts, quotes on her shirts, and knee-high rainbow socks (Selina thinks they're too noticeable, but never says anything).

She works with two old-fashioned colt revolvers, prefers to go against werewolves than demons, and speaks—or sings, when the opportunity presents itself—in musical or Glee references.

Mimi is 5'9", and has wavy brown hair that brushes the middle of her back. She has the palest skin of the five of us, and likes to wear jeans and baggy sweatshirts. She enjoys jump-scaring us, memes, and stabbing things.

Always down for trouble, she would help you start a bar fight just for shits and giggles. She works with a short sword most of the time, but when she needs something smaller she resorts to small throwing knives or stakes. She's a pro vamp hunter.

It looked like Maureen had been sleeping (as usual), with her computer on her lap, and Mimi and Evita had woken her up.

The length of pipe Maureen had thrown rolled across the floor towards me. Picking it up when it clunked onto the toe of my boot, I held it up and asked, "What are you guys doing?"

Maureen flopped back into her seat and sagged, rubbing her eyes on the sleeve of her hoodie. "They woke me up and scared the shit out of me. It was a reflex."

I tossed the piece of pipe back into the van. "Why do you guys have bits of pipes rolling around in the van? Do you use them to load your guns or something??"

"No, they're... pretty much useless, actually." Evita admitted, slouching into her own seat and hugging a glittery gold-and-white Hamilton pillow to her chest.

"Well, come on guys. Selina's loading the pistols and we need to find a motel and check in. We also need to go over case details."

"Who are the couples this time?" Mimi asked sarcastically, standing up to get out of the van.

"No one is gonna be a couple this time. We're gonna be a bunch of girls out for a weekend of fun." I said looking back at the odd pair still in the van as I helped Mimi out.

Maureen was still glaring at Evita and Evita was still hugging her pillow.

"Guys. Get out."

"Come in here and make us." Evita giggled, clutching her pillow tighter.