twenty-two

"Here's your paycheck." The raven haired boy said as he handed the enveloped to his girlfriend.

As the two decided to close up, she went over to him and gave him a kiss. She pulled away as she was ready to leave. "Wait, Serena." The boy had stopped her as she turned around.

"Do you want to go for a drive?" He questioned as Serena nodded. The two exited the restaurant as they entered Ash's car.

Ash started the engine as Serena looked out the window. "Do you have anything on your mind?" She questioned catching the raven haired boy off-guard.

He slowly nodded his head, "It's just a mid-life crisis." He faked a smile as Serena slowly nodded her head.

The two sat there in silence as Ash had stopped the car. He led Serena out as they both were at a hill. "I used to come here, when I had to escape reality." He informed the honey blonde as she looked around.

There was a lot of flowers, many different kinds on the ground
If you looked up at the dark sky you can see the stars.

"It's really beautiful here," The honey blonde responded. Ash walked over and plopped down on the grass.

"Time goes by really fast," Ash said to himself ignoring that Serena was listening to him. After a few seconds Ash turned his head to Serena. "I'm not ready." He said.

Feeling emotional from his words, Serena reached out and grabbed his hands. "I will be here, by your side." She comforted him.

"I know, but I don't know what I'm going to do with my career. You have your fashion designs figured out."

Serena kept quiet, She just decided to embrace the raven haired boy in her arms.