I nod again and take a deep breath, knowing I'd have to tell them everything that happened the night of the attack even of it meant feeling like shit in front of everyone.

"It was three nights ago, at around 9:50, maybe 10:00 p.m." I try to think deeply. "We were watching one of Camila's boxing matches at a school sponsored program. It was a building right by 15th Avenue, and we made our way in to find seats minutes before the fight. The match was close to ending after about thirty minutes and I was getting a little uncomfortable and tight in between the crowd. Everyone at school was there and it was just too crowded, so I didn't want my friends following me around the whole time when all I wanted to do was use the restroom."

"So you went to the bathroom alone, correct?" Officer Winston looks up at me through his lashes before writing something down on his notepad. I nod.

"Except it was too crowded for my liking and I was feeling lightheaded so I stepped out to take in some air," I look down at the table, tapping my fingertips quickly against it. "I was there for a few minutes before I heard Brad's voice and I sort of panicked because I knew he and I weren't on good terms. Then I overheard him talking to someone about some money and how he needed to "find her quickly" so I just knew it had to be me."

"I just hoped that he would walk back inside so I'd be left alone again but Bradford knew I was outside," I avoid my parents eyes from across the room and play with the ring on my finger slowly. "Then his friends emerged from the establishment I knew what was happening right away. The blonde he paid found me behind a tree and I—"

I pause when I start thinking about his voice, his words...and I instantly freeze in place, knowing that the bruises on my face were all because of him. No one else. Bradford hated me and he did this to me. Why was I trying to protect him? I take a deep breath.

"He called me over and told me that he needed a word with me," I tell them, looking one in the eye momentarily. "Then he pulled out a pocket knife so I wouldn't run...and I don't remember exactly what I told him, I honestly thought he was going to stab me to death. Then he started accusing me of being romantically involved with Camila during his relationship and he assumed that that's why she broke up with him. Of course, I truthfully denied and he didn't believe me. So he payed Aleeyah, the blonde, to finish me for 200."

"How many of them were with Bradford?" He asks. 

I try to think deeply, wanting to be exact. "I think maybe five of them? No more than six."

"Okay, go on..."

"And uh—I guess the blonde just started beating me after that. Bradford told her she couldn't stop until he saw blood on my face. When she was about to knock me out cold I heard my friends emerge from the building and they stopped the entire thing. They threatened to call the cops except I was too scared to let them. I told them that I wouldn't forgive them if they called the police,"

I try as I can to avoid eye contact with either of my dads, knowing there would be disapproval written on both faces, along disappointment at the severity of the situation. I sigh softly to myself and bite my lip, continuing to explain what happened right after.

"My friends did what I asked of them, and they fought the entire car ride there...yelling...and at some point crying because they knew we were all a part of this entire thing," I shake my head sadly, remembering the horrible events of that car ride. "They did it because I asked them to, but I know they were close to calling the police."

"This was not too long ago?" Officer Jimenez asks.

"Two nights ago," I respond quietly.

Both detectives nod and I look up at Camila, who offers me a lopsided smile and a quick thumbs up. I give her a lazy grin and look back down at my lap, which I truly hoped held all the answers to their questions.