Chapter 18- Driving

One year later...

Cool air-conditioning blew into the freckled boy's face, and he enjoyed the sensation of the gusts meeting his face with closed eyes. His even taller figure was stretched out, feet landing on the other side of the back.

His ginger-haired girlfriend was leaning on him, doing something or other on her phone, and his previous best friends twin brother was on the other side of the backseat, the freckled boy's feet in his lap, watching the scenery blaze by through a closed window. The silence was broken by his mother saying,

"You guys excited to go to Nora's concert?"

The freckled boy looked over to Nora's twin, who nodded vigorously at the mention of his sister.

"Yeah, we haven't seen her for like... four months! You ready, Finn?"

"You bet, Schnapp. Sads?"

"I could care more."

Finn detected a scoff from Noah's mother, but chose to ignore the acknowledgment that his girlfriend was being grumpy yet again, and pulled the lever to lay his seat back so he could let the cool air blow into his face again.

Nora had gotten into a minor music career, after her dayview in a tv show called,

'Celebrity Apprentice'

Where she had been mentored by Taylor Swift. She was going to do some covers of Taylor's songs. There would also be the other winners of the show singing, but the Stranger Things kids called it Nora's concert. The show had ended right as filming did, so they hadn't seen her in four whole months. Finn was excited to see if she looked the same.

{{Nora's general pov}}

Nora picked up a brush and flipped it inbetween her hands, looking at her reflection in the full-body mirror.

"Natty,"

She asked her manager,

"Should I straighten it or leave it curly-wavy."

Natty looked up from her phone and said,

"Curly-wavy."

Nora sighed. She ovbiously wasn't paying attention, but curly-wavy was less of a hassle. She threw the brush down and sunk into the spiny chair, looking at her refection yet again. She had definitely matured since filming ended. She was taller. Slimmer. As her mom said, curvier. She had also straightened her hair significantly less, so it was more of the old ringlets fashion she housed to use.

The picture on the desk of her and the rest of the cast brought back serious nostalgia, even though it wasn't that long ago. She loved scanning over all of the faces, but her eyes only locked on one.

Finn.

Nora had loved Finn. But she was getting over him. She promised herself that she would be through with him, and that's why she picked the three songs she would be singing tonight. They were all her mentor, Taylor's classic songs.

You Belong With Me- she was using that to let out the little bit of longing for him she had left.

Love Story- honestly, this was just a good song. And it was kinda a tribute to Finn's new relationship! Admitting defeat, coping method!

Teardrops on My Guitar- after every heartbreak, there's always pain. Nora was going to play the guitar, so that was going to be a one woman show.

But something, something deep, deep, down told her that letting go was wrong. That she should fight for him. That she should keep on loving, but she listened to her brain, or her heart.

Love was a strong word, but it was true. She had felt broken. It may have even seemed over dramatic. But it wasn't. It was true, so she had to forget. And she did.

"Nora, your on in five. Cammy just finished American Girl."

"Sweet."

"You've got the interview first."

"I know, Natty."

{{switch to Finn}}

Finn sat in the audience, loving his up-close, front row view. Noah and Sadie sat to his left and right shoulders. Sadie wouldn't touch a bite of his popcorn, as she says,

"As a famous fifteen year-old, I must watch my weight."

That reminded him of Nora again. She didn't care what anyone thought. He imagined her sitting next to him right now, grabbing his popcorn, and not letting him have it back. Why was he thinking about Nora again?

He hadn't been paying attention to wat was happening, lost in thought. Noah nudged him and said,

"Finnlard, Nora's got an interview."

"Then her songs?"

"No, those are the last three. The pre-show judges say her last one is-"

"Noah, shush! It's starting."

"And now we have Nora Schnapp!"

Nora walked onto stage, and the audience burst into applause. Finn felt his jaw drop, she was stunning.

She looked so much more mature! She was wearing a white and silver sparkly dress, and her dirty blonde hair was down. He couldn't restrain himself from just watching her. He couldnt hear anything, when she sat and began to talk. It was like he was wandering, through a dream.

Not all who wander are lost.

Sadie made an angry noise and nudged him, and said,

"Finn, you're staring."

She grabbed his arm forcefully, and layed her head on his shoulder. Almost posessivly.

He sighed angrily and looked back at the stage. Nora grinned at the interviewer.

"Yes! Speaking of the cast, I haven't seen them in forever."

"Four months?"

"You saw my brother's livestream!"

"You bet. Anyway, who are you ready to see the most?"

"Noah."

"Not family?"

"Definitely Millie. She was like... my best friend."

Finn immediately felt confused. Wasn't he her best friend? Why was he not satisfied with that? Maybe she said Mille because once he and Sadie started dating, he and Nora didn't talk at all. It was obvious that she didn't like Sadie one bit, but why not talk to him?

"Cool!"

"Yeah, cool."

"So we saw some pictures of you and Finn 'hanging' right before you left to do the finale of CA."

That was fun, as Finn remembered. He had posted a couple selfies on instagram. It was the one time she talked to him since Sadie and him started dating. He lived it when they talked. They had been chilling on her bean bag and eating Noah's Pringles.

"Whatever happened to the interview about my music career?"

"Just answer this one question, pleassseee?"

"Sure. Well, you could say that we were..."

As she explained, his heart fluttered. A strange feeling.

There was something wrong with him, but he couldn't tell what.

{W.C: 1,000}

HOW DID YOU ALL LIKE IT? IT IS 12:30 AND I AM VERY TIRED. SORRY IF THIS IS CRUDDY, I'LL PROOFREAD SOON.

ADIOS,

AUTHOR.