1.9

dan counted every time his feet hit the pavement. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . . his brain was scattered, a million thoughts flying through his head. luckily, it distracted him enough from the cold. it was in the middle winter, about 5 degrees at the most. all the leaves were off the trees and the mini ponds were frozen, but dan continued walk. he wanted this. no, he needed this. pj was his only way out. pj was the only one that could complete the job.

when he reached the park, pj was already there. the dim light of his cigarette could be seen from where he was standing.

"what do you want?" pj asked, taking the cigarette out and blowing out grey smoke. dan watched as it curled in the air, completely mesmerised.

"i need you to kill someone again," dan said, his voice stern

"who?" another puff

"phil's girlfriend, kate. she keeps getting in the way."

"you're insane. the last time was reasonable, but you need to give phil his space," smoke mixes with the snow that's starting to fall

"please. i need this," dan pleaded, "i'll do anything."

"anything?"

dan nodded his head feverishly.

"i want two thousand by monday. the job will be done tuesday. we'll discuss the rest later," pj dropped his cigarette and crushed it under his shoe.

"thank you, thank you, thank you. it'll be at your door on sunday," dan began to walk away before pj grabbed his arm, "before you leave, do you have any special requests?" he said while smirking.

"make her suffer."

with that, dan walked away.

•••
sorry this isn't the best buuuuut the story is progressing. i love you guys

.justine.